Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #76
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #77
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #78
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Just like that. A dry no. No hopes, no suggestions, no hints, just no.
there is a BIG commentary in the remark. sometimes it just bares close scrutiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
oh hellno
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #79
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
I lived for a long time in Tahiti, French Polynesia, during my childhood and teen years and i always remember of the beautiful songs i used to hear in the Heiva, or Hawa'iki Nui, or at any summer night in Papeete. Some of the songs were incredibly beautiful. I do miss terribly that beautiful land.

This is a farewell song by Ester Tefana, one of the big names of Tahitian traditional music. It sure brings back great memories

Mauruuru! (thank you in Reo Tahiti)

Last edited by Salgueiros; 11-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #80
SameOldStory
My True Self

Thanks Salgueiros. That was so sweet it hurt.
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #81
SameOldStory
My True Self

Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #82
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Thanks Salgueiros. That was so sweet it hurt.
Aita pe'a pe'a (You're welcome, or no problem, in Tahitian)
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #83
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
PS: Does your username has anything to do with Radamel Falcao?
No, I'm honoring Paulo Roberto Falcao

BTW, this was a massive hit in Mexico like 10 years ago. The song is famous for its double entendres, which at that time some people considered too explicit for radio. However, as a signal of the times, the song was programmed normally.

Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #84
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
(For those outside the US, Taco Bell is an American fast food place with Mexican style food.)
Please don't call "Mexican" to that junk You need to be very far from the border to taste real Mexican food.

Ready for Christmas

Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #85
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
No, I'm honoring Paulo Roberto Falcao
That was an awesome player and what a team, that Brazil 82... my favourite was Sócrates, what a player, pure elegance.

Just a little side note, you need to put the ~ over the a, since in portuguese you write Falcão. If you don't it looks, and sounds, a little odd
Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #86
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No Italian music here, yet? For shame! Beppe, would you kindly post some favorites for us, please?
Of course I will. Thank you.

And these evergreens

Italian
Spoiler:
Nasce l'alba su di me
mi lascia andare al tuo respiro
e mi accompagno con i ritmi tuoi
ti sento in giro ma dove sei
con tutte quelle essenze che ti dai
non so chi sei non sudi mai sei sempre
[piu lontano
voglio il tuo profumo
uoglio il tuo profumo
voglio il tuo profumo
dammi tutto il tuo sapore
no ti prega no non ti asciugare
se nella notte hai ancora un brivido
[animale]
sai di vento sai di te
sulla tua pelle addormentata
e mi accarezzo coi vestiti tuoi
ti sento addosso ma dove sei
nella mia stanza calda tu sei tu
stringimi ancora un po' di più di più
[di più la mano
voglio il tuo profumo
voglio ii tuo profumo
voglio il tuo profumo
no ti prego non ti insaponare
se nella none hai ancora un brivido
[animale]
voglio il tuo profumo
voglio il tuo profumo
no ti prego non ti insaponare
se nella notte hai ancora un brivido
[animale]
voglio il tuo profumo
tutto il tuo profumo
voglio il tuo profumo
dammi il tuo profumo
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:03 AM   #87
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #88
Falcao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
That was an awesome player and what a team, that Brazil 82... my favourite was Sócrates, what a player, pure elegance.

Just a little side note, you need to put the ~ over the a, since in portuguese you write Falcão. If you don't it looks, and sounds, a little odd
I remember my surprise when they lost that game against Italy. My keyboard can't put a tilde above the 'a' and it seems I can't change my nick, but I will remember that the next time

About Italian music I like this

and this

and a lot of songs by Eros Ramazzotti like this

Old 11-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #89
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
I'll add two of my favourite songs of all time. Italian songs, that is. They are among my favourite ones because of the lyrics, not only the music, but I don't think I can provide a translation quickly... so, well, here you can listen to them:

Adriano Celentano sings "L'emozione Non Ha Voce" (Emotion lacks voice)

Fiorella Mannoia sings "Sally"

EDIT:
Plus, a song in German that fills my heart with joy

Last edited by Lo Zeno; 11-30-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #90
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Talking about football (soccer for north americans), i like this nice piece of greek music that was included in the film "Never on Sunday".
In this song, the actress Melina Mercouri, which interprets the role of a prostitute in the Athens sea port of Piraeus, sings to her boys of Olympiakos Piraeus (a very popular greek football club, specially in the working class, in opposition to Panathinaikos which is a more middle and upper class club).
You can read the poem in the subtitles, i think it is beautiful. ... football, love and life...