Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
(e)bookstore anomalies

Ever see something on an online bookstore that looks not quite right? Perhaps a book price that is too high (higher than a paperback, anyways!), a cover image that doesn't match* (two books with the same title)?

Post your image here!

To get things started (I won't name the site)

* Actually, this can be a real problem. I have seen ebook sites use a cover image of a specific title to represent a generic or public/domain text which does not include the translation/forward/material that the edition pictured implies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	austen.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	47114  

Last edited by colinsky; 03-04-2010 at 03:55 AM.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Excellent. Jane got around, didn't she? Here's one I saw in December at the Sony site. I looked a couple of days later and it had been fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Going Rouge.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	47142  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I went to post a Facebook link to the Books on Board listing of Jessica Conant-Park's new book, "Cook the Books". Had it all ready to post when I noticed the author was listed as "unknown". Somehow I didn't think Jess would appreciate that much, so I used the BN link instead .
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote