Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
eReader format

I've been out of touch for awhile and was wondering if the eReader format is still in the hopper.

Oh, RobertB, I had been thinking about getting the StylzWorld cover you recommended but was not unhappy w/the one furnished. Then the inside upper clip broke so I popped for a black StylzWorld. You were right..again..it's gorgeous!
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
If you mean .PDB then I think all current devices still support it. Plus you can use Calibre to convert your ebooks to/from PDB format.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
If you mean .PDB then I think all current devices still support it. Plus you can use Calibre to convert your ebooks to/from PDB format.
All PDB file are not the same. Read about PDB in the wiki. eReader format is not supported. What is supported is PalmDOC. PDB is not a format, it is a Palm Data Base.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you Charlie Bird:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I've been out of touch for awhile and was wondering if the eReader format is still in the hopper.

Oh, RobertB, I had been thinking about getting the StylzWorld cover you recommended but was not unhappy w/the one furnished. Then the inside upper clip broke so I popped for a black StylzWorld. You were right..again..it's gorgeous!
d
Dear Charlie Bird:

I am very happy that you like the StylzWorld case!! Thank you for posting your satisfaction!

Our EZ Reader and Pocket PRO do display non-DRM eReader. We are still talking to Fictionwise about getting full eReader... but there is a clause in the contract that says it would be "exclusive"... meaning we would have to forsake having Adobe Digital Editions on our devices (which we will not do).

We are asking that this clause be struck out so we could have both... but Barnes and Noble works very slowly to make a decision with the exclusivity clause.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RobertB

Try this non-DRM eReader file. It is really small.

Dale
Attached Files
File Type: pdb The Adventures of Colonel.pdb (22.5 KB, 226 views)
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
RobertB

Try this non-DRM eReader file. It is really small.

Dale
It does not even show
I copied it again... Same-
Was this what you expected?

Last edited by theducks; 02-08-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
What I meant was the eReader format (Palm Digital Media I think) supporting Fictionwise, eReader.com and B&N PDB encripted books. I was thinking awhile back there was talk of contract negotiations allowing encripted PDB books. (Which RobertB confirmed in his response). It's been awhile and admittedly I am easily confused and frequently refer to my "list" when all the different upper-case-letter formats start flying about. Hearing what I want to be so sort of thing.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It does not even show
I copied it again... Same-
Was this what you expected?
Yes, the file extension does not determine the format, contrary to what some people think. PDB files will show up but only if they are really PalmDOC files. You can read that download by using eReader application on your PC.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, the file extension does not determine the format, contrary to what some people think. PDB files will show up but only if they are really PalmDOC files. You can read that download by using eReader application on your PC.
Interesting: So the PEz file list is filtered by file content, not file type.

I was able to read the file on my computer which is why I asked

So what format is this file, really
Old 02-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Interesting: So the PEz file list is filtered by file content, not file type.
I think it's just that, in the case of pdb - it's just a database file - or, perhaps, think of it as a container, like an avi file. The format of the data inside is variable, and if it contains palmdoc data, then it will show up on the PEz.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I think it's just that, in the case of pdb - it's just a database file - or, perhaps, think of it as a container, like an avi file. The format of the data inside is variable, and if it contains palmdoc data, then it will show up on the PEz.
But how do I know beforehand?
All I have is a file extension that was claimed to be DRM free (and it appears to be, since it opened on my PC)
This is as bad as DOC type.
Wordpad, Word, <whatever old DOS thingy>
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But how do I know beforehand?
All I have is a file extension that was claimed to be DRM free (and it appears to be, since it opened on my PC)
This is as bad as DOC type.
Wordpad, Word, <whatever old DOS thingy>
Ah, read the wiki on PDB. It explains all. You can't trust file extensions anyway.

Dale
Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ah, read the wiki on PDB. It explains all. You can't trust file extensions anyway.

Dale
Got it, Starting at Byte 60