Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Broken hyperlinks

Just tested out Sigil - I like it a lot, but have come across what appears to be a serious problem.

I use hyperlinks within my books for things like endnotes. When I save my book as an ePub file, Sigil splits the book where I've inserted chapter breaks, but doesn't re-write the hyperlink HTML to reflect the fact that it's done so.

How can I retain working hyperlinks within my ePub file?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It seems hyperlinks are just plain broken at the moment...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a shame. It makes the program unusable for me, unfortunately.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
As you can see, the hyperlinks problem has been recognized and is being worked on (actually at this very moment). It will be fixed in 0.1.2, which should be out in a few days.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you - that's excellent. I like this program a LOT.
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you - that's excellent. I like this program a LOT.
Yes, I'd expect you would, after having been forced to use BD for way too long.

Hopefully someday Sigil should be able to fully replace it.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-10-2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Valloric

Oh Harry, if you could attach one of your heavily linked files to the issue, it would probably help me create a more robust implementation. At the very least, it would help me better understand the use cases of book producers who use this extensively.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Here's the HTML for my "Haggard Anthology, Volume 1". It has lots of endnotes in the first book (King Solomon's Mines), as well as numerous hyperlinks for the TOCs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip book.zip (695.6 KB, 366 views)
Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Here's the HTML for my "Haggard Anthology, Volume 1". It has lots of endnotes in the first book (King Solomon's Mines), as well as numerous hyperlinks for the TOCs.
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's BD-generated HTML, I should warn you, so it's pretty horrible. But it does work. Don't worry about the "<mbp:pagebreak>" tags - they are Mobi-specific "hard page break" tags.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Valloric

This is now fixed in trunk. You are free to download and compile the latest version from the repository, or wait a couple of days 'till 0.1.2.

Quote:
It's BD-generated HTML, I should warn you, so it's pretty horrible.
It must have been a long time since I've last used BD, because man is that some pretty horrible HTML.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Oh Harry, if you could attach one of your heavily linked files to the issue, it would probably help me create a more robust implementation. At the very least, it would help me better understand the use cases of book producers who use this extensively.
I just uploaded an eBook here. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53214

It makes heavy use of hyperlinks and was created in Calibre. I can give you the html is you need it. It also features multilevel TOC, superscript, bold, italics and lots of other things needed to be supported. It should be a good test case. There are foot notes, links between items and an index at the end.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This is now fixed in trunk.
Great!

The changelog says "inter-document HTML links", shouldn't it be "intra-document"?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
The changelog says "inter-document HTML links", shouldn't it be "intra-document"?
Depends on how you look at it. Inside Sigil, it is all one document, but on export it is split into multiple OPS documents. So take your pick.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
It seems I still have the problem described above. I wanted to create a 12-chapter epub from html files. Each chapter has a Notes section in the end. I inserted chapter breaks before the Notes section in each chapter.

Now, the links to notes in the main text of the chapters all lead to the Notes Section of the last file (while obviously they need to lead to the Notes section of the same chapter --which they did before inserting chapter breaks for Notes). And, all the links in the "Notes" chapters lead to the main text of the 12. chapter.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the problem still exist?

Thanks

Last edited by mrevent; 06-21-2011 at 04:20 PM.
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote