Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
breannanoahmason
breannanoahmason began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help

I really want to get a Kindle fire as i have a kindle keyboard and love it. But i want the apps, my problem is i have about 40 books on hubby's laptop from my sister in laws nook. Is there an easy way to get these books onto a Kindle Fire so that i can stick with that.
Thanks in advance
Jennifer
breannanoahmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
1. Books purchased from B&N? Need to strip DRM (google Apprentice Alf)
2. Get a copy of Calibre for appropriate OS ( http://www.calibre-ebook.com )
3. Import into Calibre
4. Convert books to MOBI
5. Connect new Fire and transfer books to ereader.
6. Enjoy...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
ceejay82
ceejay
ceejay82 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO VOX
Downloading Authors to Calibre

I have a list of authors I would like to download to Calibre, any help with this???
ceejay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN CONNELL View Post
I have a list of authors I would like to download to Calibre, any help with this???
Sory John. You are going to have to be a bit more specific than that in order to get the help you're looking for.

Can you explain what it is you're trying to achieve?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
ceejay82
ceejay

I have about 300 authors with a list of their book titles on a Data Traveleler which I thought I could download to Calibre if that is possible. Its about 7GB in total.
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I have about 300 authors with a list of their book titles on a Data Traveleler which I thought I could download to Calibre if that is possible. Its about 7GB in total.
OK. It's still not entirely clear to me what you are asking, but you would probably have more luck posting in the Calibre area on this site.

You should probably explain there what problem you are facing (e.g. is it a volume issue, 7gb is a lot of books?). There are some proper experts there, including most of the developers of Calbre. So long as you can explain the problem, they'll be able to help you.

I hope you get the info you need there.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by breannanoahmason View Post
I really want to get a Kindle fire as i have a kindle keyboard and love it. But i want the apps, my problem is i have about 40 books on hubby's laptop from my sister in laws nook. Is there an easy way to get these books onto a Kindle Fire so that i can stick with that.
I'm guessing that you can run the Nook App for Android on the Kindle Fire, but you will have to ask Kindle folk about that. (I do something similar with a Kobo Vox. Since these are all Android devices, they run each others store/reader apps.)
Old 02-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Assuming that a "DataTraveler" is USB flash drive? You can just copy and paste them into Calibre.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Assuming that a "DataTraveler" is USB flash drive? You can Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste them from the Flash drive into Calibre itself or the Calibre Library.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
ceejay82
ceejay

Thanks for all the replies re downloading authors. I was actually trying to download too many at the one time whereas I should just download an author from the flashdrive as required. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies re downloading authors. I was actually trying to download too many at the one time whereas I should just download an author from the flashdrive as required. Thanks again.
I just hope the authors don't come to any harm. It must be a really tight fit to get so many people on a flash drive. I wonder how they cope with meals and going to the toilet. The mind boggles.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote