Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #16
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I have not noticed much glare, although there is a little bit more than normal.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #17
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Thank you very much for your pictures and comments. It is easier to know what the cover is like after your message.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #18
machwh
machwh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
My friend wants to buy a Sony eReader, but her main use for it would to be reading books, on holiday, on the beach, and she is worried about getting sand in her orifice's (the sony readers of course).
This may sort it for you (and it really couldn't be cheaper):

http://www.markwheadon.com/blog/2009...0-book-reader/

Cheers,

Mark
machwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
The plastic case is nice, but as you pointed out the bottom is open and exposed. Plus I am cheap and poor. For the cost of that case I can buy lots of heavy duty zip lock bags. And they are interchangeable. I use them for my prs-500, my psp, my 1150, cell phone. Got to love versatility.
Have a nice day.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #20
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Sorry to say this bit does anyone else think "Gimp" my Reader ? I got the official sony plastic bag out of the box when I was on holiday and that worked fine although I will say the bag got crincklier (is there such a word?) as the week went on but did the job fine. Having problems finding ziplock bags without a big white bit for you write the contents for your freezer - I will perservere tho
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #21
machwh
machwh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraKM View Post
Having problems finding ziplock bags without a big white bit for you write the contents for your freezer - I will perservere tho
At the risk of stating the obvious -- just ensure the white bit is at the back!

Cheers,

Mark Wheadon
machwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #22
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I vote for ziplock bags too.

I've noticed after a session on the beach my spectacles are covered with very fine salt spray - the bag protects your Reader from that too, not just water and sand. Because the bag is thin, it's easy to manipulate the Reader's controls through the plastic.

They are also a lot less bulky than a specialized cover - you can just chuck half a dozen in your suitcase and they take up no room (or weight) at all.

On my last holiday I was concerned about the tiny ants in my hotel room. They seemed to love exploring all the nooks and crannies of my Reader and my laptop. I considered using a ziplock bag in my room, but I couldn't be bothered. As far as I can tell no one made a home for themselves inside either gadget.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Well check this out there is such a selection I had no idea of and some of these are tiny and some are bigger then any zip lock I have ever seen.
http://www.ziploc.com/?sid=SEM&cid=GOOGLE
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote