Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
mjjw2003
mjjw2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 2013 (Prefix 9017)
Kindle Paperwhite 2 5.8.10 Serial Jailbreak

Hello all. I have my Kindle PW2 (S/N Preflix 9017), and I am planning to use the serial method to jailbreak my kindle device. I have read a couple of threads about serial jailbreaking,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290696
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263113

I have the tools and the brains but there is one thing that I can't figure out. After removing/changing the root password, how do I jailbreak? In one of the threads I saw you move the jailbreak files (consists of .sh files and other) but I don't know where and how to get it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mjjw2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
The first thread will do you no good.

The second thread is the one you need.

Now how to jailbreak.
Read all of the first post in the second thread. Including spoilers.
If you do not understand something, do not attempt a jailbreak.
Follow the directions exactly.
Do not get off course.
And do not ask the same question again in a different thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
mjjw2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
The first thread will do you no good.

The second thread is the one you need.

Now how to jailbreak.
Read all of the first post in the second thread. Including spoilers.
If you do not understand something, do not attempt a jailbreak.
Follow the directions exactly.
Do not get off course.
And do not ask the same question again in a different thread.
Thanks for the reply. I have found what I needed in the second post, I must have passed by the downloads section XD. But there is still one question I have. The jailbreak file says its for 5.0.X to 5.4.4.2 but the post says it's for 5.6.5; can I still use it to jailbreak 5.8.10? (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...eek::bookworm:
Old 10-15-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjw2003 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have found what I needed in the second post, I must have passed by the downloads section XD. But there is still one question I have. The jailbreak file says its for 5.0.X to 5.4.4.2 but the post says it's for 5.6.5; can I still use it to jailbreak 5.8.10? (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...eek::bookworm:
You missed a symbol. It is for >5.6.5.
> stands for greater than. So quick answer is it should.
Good luck.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #5
mjjw2003

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You missed a symbol. It is for >5.6.5.
> stands for greater than. So quick answer is it should.
Good luck.
Ok Thanks,

Tags
5.8.10, jailbreak, kindle, pw2, serial