Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
MobileRead Member goes e-postal!

There's a delicious nuclear meltdown going on over at the HanLin eBook forum. Sorry, it's too early in the morning to figure out how to do the link, but look for:

"Disastrous firmware upgrade for many BeBook users: no excuses from BeBook!!!"

A classic line I think I'll steal and use as a signature is:

"I refuse to deal any further with people with an IQ inferior to mine."

That's got to be straight out of the TV comedy "Big Bang Theory".
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
There's a delicious nuclear meltdown going on over at the HanLin eBook forum. Sorry, it's too early in the morning to figure out how to do the link, but look for:

"Disastrous firmware upgrade for many BeBook users: no excuses from BeBook!!!"

A classic line I think I'll steal and use as a signature is:

"I refuse to deal any further with people with an IQ inferior to mine."

That's got to be straight out of the TV comedy "Big Bang Theory".

Yes, better than TV Here´s the link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33535
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Would be horrendously bad manners to post one of the popcorn eating faces in that thread?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Would be horrendously bad manners to post one of the popcorn eating faces in that thread?

I wouldn´t dare.

But wait!!!!! - Nate the Great did it. Nate, you´re all right? Anyone´s threatening you now?

Last edited by ravenne; 12-09-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I just did, right after Nate did. They keep talking aobut calling in a psychiatrist, so I thought I'd monitor the situation.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm eating popcorn and drinking tea (just so's not to look like a low-IQ copycat, y'understand )
Old 12-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ouch. The guy's really pissed. I hate to see ranting like that. But it didn't stop me from reading through it all. And I chuckled out loud when I read this one:

"Thank you mister obvious! You must be a genius."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I just did, right after Nate did. They keep talking aobut calling in a psychiatrist, so I thought I'd monitor the situation.
Is that what you do with your patients? Eating popcorn??!!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
" I refuse to deal with an IQ lower than mine"??

You kids!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I would imagine it could be very therapeutic in the same way popping bubble wrap is
Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
That thread reminds me of the retort quote (was it Oscar Wilde?): "Sir, I will not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
What would you have him do? Have him force feed them Zany Carter Patricias? I'm not sure that ZCPs have FDA approval (unless Marc has been bribing and blackmailing again).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mmmmmmmmmmm......hot buttered and salted popcorn......with REAL butter....mmmmmmmmmm.....
Old 12-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
That thread reminds me of the retort quote (was it Oscar Wilde?): "Sir, I will not have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Now had he come up with that quote, it might all have gone more swimmingly. Or entertainingly. I'm not sure which
Old 12-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Not helping, folks.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

sorry. I'm outta here.