Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: M92
Arrow BUG report(s) PDF Reader v2013.01.02

Since the Firmware thread is getting long i think it would be more helpful, to have a dedicated thread for each version of the software.

The problem i have with PDFreader 2013.01.02 now is the following:

In zoomed paper mode (several presses of a button bring you through the "columns" of a page), the turning of pages only works in one direction (increasing page number).
If i want to go to the previous page and the top left of the current page had been reached, the navigation jumps to page 1 of the pdf instead to show the previous page at the lower right.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Since the Firmware thread is getting long i think it would be more helpful, to have a dedicated thread for each version of the software.

The problem i have with PDFreader 2013.01.02 now is the following:

In zoomed paper mode (several presses of a button bring you through the "columns" of a page), the turning of pages only works in one direction (increasing page number).
If i want to go to the previous page and the top left of the current page had been reached, the navigation jumps to page 1 of the pdf instead to show the previous page at the lower right.
Hi,
I did test it on my samples and could not reproduce this behaviour. The feature works just fine. Could you please test it on other multi column pdfs?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Ok, will do.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Arrow BUG report PDF Reader v2013.01.02 fw 1.81

1)
There is problem when using the file-search-function: while the file-search works, the results don't show the file names. There are blank spaces instead and it only shows the file size. When selecting one file, it opens without problems, but before opening the file you don't know, what file it actually is...

More specificly. It shows the list with names, if "show metadata" is choosen. It shows empty spaces if "show file name" is choosen.

2)
Another bug/inconstinency is that "Recent reading" gadget (3 items one) shows metadata despite the global setting metadata/filename. If document has no title name in metadata, it shows empty space.

Recent Reading works as expected. I mean fine.

3)
If I hold Exit button for longer time (say 5-8 s), while reading doc in pdf reader, it leaves document without confirmation dialog (which might be generally OK, no-one will hold it by mistake so long) and jumps to the main screen (which is also OK and desired), but only clock is displayed and the rest of screen is white or gray. One has to press button to enforce the display to show everything.

So, there is a bug in not fully drawing the screen after long press of Exit while reading doc in pdf reader.

Last edited by Mono; 01-13-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Defenderland
Groupie

Reporting back from the jump to page 1 bug:
So far i did not notice it with PDFs from other publishers.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Path bug: if a PDF filename or the names of any of the folders it's in have the '#' character in them (in other words, if the path to the file contains this character), the new PDF reader won't open the file. Clicking on the file momentarily shows the loading circle, then the screen refreshes back to the same place.
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
I have Onyx Boox M92 "Black Pearl" with mixed firmware and latest version of PDF reader. My bug report (not only for new pdf reader):
1) Stand-by time: I set the stand-by mode after 10 minutes. When I want to go into standby manually, if I press the physical key is okay, but if I press the home button and then I select stand-by with the stylus the player goes into stand-by but TURN ON by itself after 10 minutes .. .
2) In portrait mode the virtual button next to the virtual key "refresh" can not be selected while in landscape mode everything is ok.
3) In "new tool margin" the left margin often are unable to move from the central square and sometimes you can not move at all.
Sorry for automatic translation.
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch 2013.01.02 : PAD/Key mapping => Page turn

Hi,
I've a bug with the PDF Reader (last patch) when I use the key mapping for the PAD. This is the actions to do to see my bug :
  1. Load the PDF file, I use "tabularx.pdf" but I've the same problem with other files
  2. Page Settings : Clear Margins
  3. Page Setting : Universal Manual => PICTURE 1
  4. => I get the PICTURE 2
  5. Tools : Key Mapping -> Page Turn
  6. Change page with the PAD => PICTURE 3
It takes 2 press on the PAD to see one page, then only one press of the button ">" is necessary and the page is fully displayed.

With the PAD, the first press show the full page and the second seems only to move the viewport.

This bug was confirmed by Vaa, thanks to her/him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Margins.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	100174   Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Page_1.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	100175   Click image for larger version

Name:	M92_KeyMapping_Page_2.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	100176  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tabularx.pdf (262.6 KB, 424 views)
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,
I've a bug with the PDF Reader (last patch) when I use the key mapping for the PAD. This is the actions to do to see my bug :
  1. Load the PDF file, I use "tabularx.pdf" but I've the same problem with other files
  2. Page Settings : Clear Margins
  3. Page Setting : Universal Manual => PICTURE 1
  4. => I get the PICTURE 2
  5. Tools : Key Mapping -> Page Turn
  6. Change page with the PAD => PICTURE 3
It takes 2 press on the PAD to see one page, then only one press of the button ">" is necessary and the page is fully displayed.

With the PAD, the first press show the full page and the second seems only to move the viewport.

This bug was confirmed by Vaa, thanks to her/him
I am experiencing the same bug.
Earlier page turn was working fine even in two point zoom mode but now page turn moves the viewport instead.

A small query
I am new ..are there any shortcuts to turn the page on the screen?

Tia
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
A small query
I am new ..are there any shortcuts to turn the page on the screen?
You can use the buttons '>' or '<', the PAD or use the bar on the bottom of the screen with the stylus.
With the PDFreader (new), you must go in 'home' menu, select 'Tool' and choose the key mapping for the PAD : select page turn.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #11
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I also managed to turn pages by sweeping the pen (in PDF reader), but I do not know how to switch it on, again.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
You can use the buttons '>' or '<', the PAD or use the bar on the bottom of the screen with the stylus.
With the PDFreader (new), you must go in 'home' menu, select 'Tool' and choose the key mapping for the PAD : select page turn.
Thank you
I meant shortcuts on the screen itself without going to home menu which would be a lengthy process. Also page turn with bar cannot be accurate.
I want exactly what mono has stated .. to be able to turn pages with swipe, but when i try to turn pages with swipe ,it moves the view-port instead.

I can confirm that in the pdf reader without these 2 patches - There was one particular mode .."i guess scroll mode & autocrop", where i was able to turn pages with swipe instead of moving viewport

I hope onyx can fix this
Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
Mono
Mono

It should be possible in current version - Pdf And 2 patches. The only question is how.....

I am sure it is possible to switch on/off using one of the toolbars using the buttons that are side by side. But it works probably only in certain modes of settings of Page View and/or zoom. I cannot switch it on again, but it did suddenly work me for the 1st time yesterday.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
Feher
Addict

Hi Mono

It worked for me too in certain settings.I thought of rechecking and cannot do it again
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Can anybody prompt: what is the name the source program (development) called in Onyx "New PDF reader"

Кто-нибудь может подсказать: как называется исходная программа (разработка) именуемая в Onyx New PDF reader
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote