Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Post Kobo Firmware 4.3.9084

It was just released about an hour ago to the rakutenbooks affiliate.

Download links and changelog (automatically updated)
here.

Download links (as of right now):
- Kobo Touch A/B (mark 3) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Touch C (mark 4) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Glo (mark 4) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Glo HD (mark 6) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Touch 2.0 (mark 6) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Aura (mark 5) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Aura HD (mark 4) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- Kobo Aura H2O (mark 5) http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.3.9084.zip
- The Kobo Aura Edition 2 and the Kobo mini do not seem to have this as an official release, and the check for the Kobo Aura ONE does not seem to be working right now.

The release notes do not say anything about this release.

Last edited by geek1011; 04-11-2017 at 11:26 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Installed the Mark 6 on the Aura One,,, at least it didn't brick anything. Epub search still broken, and the Navigation slider 'Return' button still causes a freeze when full book progress is enabled.

The plus side, assuming it's not just a result of a fresh reboot, the device is remarkably more responsive to touch.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #3
Telemachus
Connoisseur
Telemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Installed the Mark 6 on the Aura One,,, at least it didn't brick anything. Epub search still broken, and the Navigation slider 'Return' button still causes a freeze when full book progress is enabled.

The plus side, assuming it's not just a result of a fresh reboot, the device is remarkably more responsive to touch.
Are you getting the old or new home screen on your KA1?
I installed Mark 4 on my N905C and got the old home screen.
Telemachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Currently have the old home screen, but I know from past experience it won't switch to the new screen unless it's connected to the net, (at a minimum)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 AM   #5
the_doc
Connoisseur
the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!the_doc , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Hanlin v3; Kobo Mini
Which version would work better on the Mini? Kobo Touch C or Kobo Glo?
the_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_doc View Post
Which version would work better on the Mini? Kobo Touch C or Kobo Glo?
It is the same url (and therefore the same file).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
Per Ardua
Ghola
Per Ardua began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD, KA1
First Firmware for upcoming H2O Mk II (Bleach)??
Per Ardua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #8
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The new firmware I have previously installed on my H2O. As Homescreen the old one is displayed again.
After a few pages read I have the impression that the scrolling goes faster than with the last firmware. The marking of text areas is also faster.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #9
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
Kobo Aura h2o 4.3.9084 loaded fine. Seems smooth enough as before on 8966.
The original release was quite slow, 8966 was a real boost to discover it solve a lot of the slow menu and reading delays.
Good work all.

Stats still seems to jump around, original had 79hrs, updated to 8966 and went to zero and up only a little, now with 9084 i have seen total read time start at 5hrs, then open a book and read for 2 minutes then recheck total read stat and its down to 2 hrs.
lucky its a very minor thing, just a pity after all these times and releases that kobo still have no idea on how to make it work. Pity they dont have a way to enter the original reading time too.
minsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It was just released about an hour ago to the rakutenbooks affiliate.

Download links and changelog (automatically updated)
here.
- The Kobo Aura Edition 2 and the Kobo mini do not seem to have this as an official release, and the check for the Kobo Aura ONE does not seem to be working right now.
Kobo Aura ONE and Kobo Aura Edition 2 are also released, Mark 6.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
No new strings to translate in this new release.
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #12
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Does anyone know if the charging light on Aura One has been fixed in this release?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #13
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Does anyone know if the charging light on Aura One has been fixed in this release?
No, it hasn't. I left it plugged in to charge after updating it and the red light stayed on after it was fully charged.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #14
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhilndr View Post
No, it hasn't. I left it plugged in to charge after updating it and the red light stayed on after it was fully charged.
mine turned green from red after fully charged--but only in sleeping charging. in reading while charging, charging light is not showing up.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:24 AM   #15
engine5
engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.engine5 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Currently have the old home screen, but I know from past experience it won't switch to the new screen unless it's connected to the net, (at a minimum)
I've a strange effect:
Had a look for my old Touch N905 C. Was switched off for month, so I'd synced (FW 3.2.x) -no updates found. Hmmm, had a look into the database, found actual 4.3.9084, so I've copied it into .kobo and after the update and restart the new Homescreen was displayed. OK, I thought -as I think about to sell the Touch I want to see if the FW will stay if I reset the device. But after reset I got the FW from buying it years ago, have to connect to WiFi, Login with Kobo account, while syncing autoupdate, restart, got FW 3.x.
Hmmm... so I've synced Manual again, found update! Updating, then got FW 3.2.x -syncing again says "no Updates", so I've copied 4.3.9084 again into .kobo, restarted -and "About" says FW 4.3.9084, but have the OLD HS. Connected via WiFi, tried sync, shut down, restart -nothing helps.
Why the device have displayed the new HS, and now not?
And: is it possible the the reset will set the device to the last installed FW and not to an old FW that was it shipped with?

btw: also installed new FW to my A1, and it also stay in old HS...
engine5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo