Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Question Problem using 'Advanced Search' with 'Search in Forum'

I'm trying do do an advanced search in a particular forum.

My problem is that the EnTourage Edge Archive and iRex Developer's Corner are always highlighted and included in the search.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I exclude these two forums from my search?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm. Maybe they not included in my search, but blacked out so that they can't be used in 'Advanced Search'.
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Hmm. Maybe they not included in my search, but blacked out so that they can't be used in 'Advanced Search'.
I just tried a search for a specific member that I know posted in the EnTourage Edge Archive and the regular Edge forum. I also tried a specific search in the Archive for that member. I didn't try a word string search. The searches showed no results in the Archive forum, so I suspect you are right in that they are not included in the searches. I believe it has something to do with member ID registrations between MR and the old forum. Not quite sure, though.

I had not tried searching before, so if someone knows that there is a way, please let me know.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm trying do do an advanced search in a particular forum.

My problem is that the EnTourage Edge Archive and iRex Developer's Corner are always highlighted and included in the search.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I exclude these two forums from my search?
I think they are too low on the totem pole to be targets of a search. (The don't show at the top level) Searching the one above will likely also search them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WDE, I just tried a specific search in the Archive only and a general all forums search using a sentence I know is already posted in the Archive. I can find it looking for the sentence, just not when searching with a member name that was used in the old Edge forum (that we added to MR). Now, I am curious and will check what the two darkened, selected forums in the advanced search mean.
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Alex had a look at it and it should be corrected now.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Alex had a look at it and it should be corrected now.
It is fixed.