Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone here at MobileRead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nativity Scene.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	168609  
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Happiest of Holidays to all!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Merry Christmas everyone!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	92E918F4-A7AF-46C6-8E25-2B22B54D4AD0.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	754.7 KB
ID:	168611  
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Merry Christmas!
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Merry Christmas

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Best staycation day ever for us who don't deal with family anymore
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Calvin and Hobbes.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	168620  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Best staycation day ever for us who don't deal with family anymore
Depends on your point of view. Mom has been gone 9 months today (the 25th) and of Lisa's family only her dad remembered me for Christmas. I knew Lisa and her mom couldn't do much but on the 23rd we had a pizza party (me, Lisa, her 2 sisters and their mom) and though I remembered everyone (even her sister's dog) no one remembered me. Lisa's dad gave me a bag of pistachio's today when he was at the Manor but it's been a thin Christmas this year. A goodie bag from a friend at church, a gift from Monroe Manor (their party) and the nuts. Plus a small amount of Christmas cards. Lisa's family did remember me last year so I don't know what happened this year. Neither sister said anything about it.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #9
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Depends on your point of view. Mom has been gone 9 months today (the 25th) and of Lisa's family only her dad remembered me for Christmas. I knew Lisa and her mom couldn't do much but on the 23rd we had a pizza party (me, Lisa, her 2 sisters and their mom) and though I remembered everyone (even her sister's dog) no one remembered me. Lisa's dad gave me a bag of pistachio's today when he was at the Manor but it's been a thin Christmas this year. A goodie bag from a friend at church, a gift from Monroe Manor (their party) and the nuts. Plus a small amount of Christmas cards. Lisa's family did remember me last year so I don't know what happened this year. Neither sister said anything about it.
I dont deal with them because they dont acknowledge my wife as my wife or me as gay. This was a freeing choice for me, though l realize it isnt the same for everyone. I didn't lose family members that I loved, and it's awful for anyone who did. I wasnt intending to be flippant.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I didn't intend to indicate that I thought you were. This holiday season is a rough one for me what with mom's passing and recent events hurt. If I weren't engaged to Lisa or if we were only just starting to date it wouldn't have bothered me quite so much I think. I would have thought I'd at least have rated a Christmas card if not something (even as a token) though as a future brother-in-law.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:12 PM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
That must hurt.

In our family we decided years ago to give Christmas presents only to children. Otherwise there would be 15 or so adults who should get them and most members of our family just don't have enough disposable income for that kind of splurging. Also no one really wants to get heaps of pointless things every year and afterwards rack their brains over where to keep them all. So it's the children, who are sincerely happy over their gifts. And the adults are happy because they don't have to worry whether their gifts were satisfying or not.

We gather at my sister's place every Christmas, she has a big house.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #12
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I dont deal with them because they dont acknowledge my wife as my wife or me as gay. This was a freeing choice for me, though l realize it isnt the same for everyone. I didn't lose family members that I loved, and it's awful for anyone who did. I wasnt intending to be flippant.
I understand. My mother doesn't accept my homosexuality and my siblings don't accept me as I am--my level of honesty... I've removed myself from their lives. I'm better off now, much better off. I should've done this sooner, but I was too afraid of the unknown. It took hitting bottom for me to leave Texas and my family of origin. I'm keeping in touch with one sister...

It's still difficult, but it's better being true to myself and sincere than a people pleaser.

Happy New Year, y'all!
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:12 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That must hurt.

In our family we decided years ago to give Christmas presents only to children. Otherwise there would be 15 or so adults who should get them and most members of our family just don't have enough disposable income for that kind of splurging. Also no one really wants to get heaps of pointless things every year and afterwards rack their brains over where to keep them all. So it's the children, who are sincerely happy over their gifts. And the adults are happy because they don't have to worry whether their gifts were satisfying or not.

We gather at my sister's place every Christmas, she has a big house.
It did at the time. Turns out it was a mixture of misunderstandings about various things. I get you about the costs. It can add up quickly. I tried to limit myself to around $10.00 maximum per person for those I bought for this year as I have limited income as well. Part of that being that I'm still getting things sorted from my mom's passing on March 25th last year (2018). We split the bills between us and with her gone I have had to do some adjusting here and there.