Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Kindle Fire has x at it onamazon device/content page

Hi i have purchased an app on amazon it is showing several of my devices to send it too except my kindle fire which has a red cross at it. does anyone know how to resolve this or what it means

thanks
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It means that the app isn't compatible with that device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Thank you Do you know if there is a way to make it compatable it is the instagram app I am trying to install

Last edited by LH07; 09-12-2018 at 04:04 PM.
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
some apps are actually ok even though amazon says not - e.g.reader apps that compete with the kindle app are fine once sideloaded but amazon mark them as incompatible - they do this with Bookari & Moon+ pro versions.

there are 3 solutions: 1. if you have a recent tablet - it is simple to install google play store & get the app from there instead - google for instructions.
2. if not- if your fire is running OS4 you cannot add google apps without rooting - then you need to find an apk installer file, copy that over, enable install from unknown sources - and get it that way.
this is risky- sites that offer apk downloads are not the sort of sites you want to risk visiting, though some are safer than others. i think apkmirror is OK. but install a good antivirus app like malwarebytes before proceeding.
3. the final way is if you know someone you trust who has the instagram app on an android tablet- ask them to make you an installer copy using an app backup and restore app, then get that copied over to your fire...

I assume instagram is a free app, because none of these methods work for paid-for google apps. the only way to get those is to install the play store and buy them directly from your fire tablet.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:36 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have 10 apps I Paid for that only work with Fire 2/3rd Gen ... I cant do a thing about it Without Buying them all over again ... another Rip off
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
what are the apps. are there no later versions in amazon store for the more recent fire tablets?
you could try the backup and restore dance with 2 tablets registered to same amazon account make a backup on the old tablet - find the backup file ( the apk) and copy it to the newer one, then install that copy. it may just work
amazon allow backup and restore to work on their paid apps, as it will run a licence check after the re-install, so if both devices are registered to same account there shoudl be no licence errors. google's protection is different. paid apps do not back up correctly so they cannot be restored onto a different device
i have moved a paid for app from older to newer fire ( It was one that was no longer in store so did not appear in the list of " my apps" on the new tablet, but the backup and restore solution worked.
but I am gradually spending to replace all my amazon apps with google equivalents as they are more future proof. google does this think called google rewards where you get a little play store credit every time you answer a short survey - so I am doing that to fund replacement apps. its not that I can't afford them , its principle of having to pay twice with real money that I boject to

Last edited by stumped; 09-13-2018 at 06:08 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote