Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Coronach
Coronach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobi -> PDF (PDF is too large on screen)

So I have a .mobi file. I downloaded Calibre specially to convert it. I'm on dialup, so I can't use a web converter as easily.

The thing is...the PDF is HUGE. Not in file size, which is reasonable. It's in the formatting, or whatever. I'm not sure.

I can't read the mobi to see. But no matter what settings I try in Calibre, the result is always the same.

At 100% magnification in my PDF reader, the page is about 5" high on my screen, and 3 or 4" wide.

When I try to fit it to the screen, which I use 1024x768 resolution, the magnification jumps to around 290%. The letters are HUGE. And I end up with like 800 pages in the PDF.

Obviously I'm missing out on the right settings somewhere. The one .mobi file I converted online, http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-pdf <- came out very nice and I didn't have to use settings or anything. So I think it's something in Calibre I need to fix.

Can someone please help me?
Coronach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to set your output profile to default and set the pdf page size to a4 or letter.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Coronach
Coronach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot. That was a big help!
Coronach is offline   Reply With Quote