Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
SarahMB
SarahMB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Previewer shows multiple blank pages between html files/chapters

I'm using sigil's "split at cursor" button to split my chapters into separate html files (I've been told this is "best practice").

When I view the file in Calibri's previewer, it shows multiple blank pages between the files/chapters (which were not there before I split them up).

However, when converted to Mobi and viewed in the kindle previewer, the blank pages are not there.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Is there a way to fix it? Should I ignore it? Will this show up in the final book?

Thanks

Sarah
SarahMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMB View Post
I'm using sigil's "split at cursor" button to split my chapters into separate html files (I've been told this is "best practice").

When I view the file in Calibri's previewer, it shows multiple blank pages between the files/chapters (which were not there before I split them up).

However, when converted to Mobi and viewed in the kindle previewer, the blank pages are not there.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Is there a way to fix it? Should I ignore it? Will this show up in the final book?

Thanks

Sarah
There probably is some messy code behind the scenes (look in CV).
Page-Break-before is usually applied to H# type tags, and you probably have a bunch with no text (that can be deleted).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibri, previewer