Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Struggling with new auto-warmth plugin

Hoping that @zwim can jump in here....

So, I'm really struggling with the new plugin on my Clara HD. I read the github commentary and I agree with those who say that it's a bit too technical.

I've put in my location, based on GPS coordinates that when entered into Google Maps, take me to my city. I've also set the mode to "according to the sun's position". When doing so, I then go to the "Sun position Information for <town>" and I get some really wonky results, like Twilight is at 10:07 and Sunrise is at 10:35, and sunset is at 20:53 and Twilight is at 21:20.

That leads me to believe that either I've entered the wrong GPS coordinates (again, they take me to where I expect to be on Google Maps) or there's a problem with the calculation, or I've completely misunderstood the design. Is it possible that the times are always displayed in GMT? (does the Kobo store the time in GMT, or local time? Being Linux based, I'm assuming GMT, but they might have simplified things and only deal with local time)

Anyhow, any input would be appreciated!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Did you try the latest dev build? There was a problem with high latitudes apparently.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8397
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm on nightly and updated just before posting, so I assume that I have that commit.
Old 11-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
zwim
zwim began at the beginning.

Device: Sage
The GPS coordinates from google maps should be OK.

I would guess this is a timezone problem.
But for narrowing the problem I would need some more information:

1.) Can you enter in the KOReader "Terminal emulator" the command "date" and post the output here.
2.) In which timezone are you?
3.) What are the GPS coordinates (not the exact ones but similar ones +-100km around).
zwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #5
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwim View Post
But for narrowing the problem I would need some more information:
The `date` command shows `Tue Nov 9 13:10:53 PST 2021` as expected, so my time zone and date/time are correct.

Sun position information shows Twilight 10:08, Sunrise 10:36, Sunset 20:52, and Twilight 21:19.

As for GPS info, removing the fractional portion gives me 38,-121 which is a bit less than 100km away.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #6
zwim
zwim began at the beginning.

Device: Sage
@twowheels: Thank you for your feedback and help.

In German we have an expletive called "Sakrament", which seems to fit here.
The internal problem is an insane sanity check which limits longitudes form -90° to +90°.
I have fixed it and will do an KOReader update today (Central Europe Timezone )
zwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8434

It'll be in tomorrow's nightly, or you could manually overwrite this file to get the fix asap.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:41 AM   #8
twowheels
Wizard

Awesome, thanks @frenzie! I'll give it a test tomorrow since it's not urgent for me and I have some of my own paid coding to do tonight.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
twowheels
Wizard

Hey @frenzie, just an update to let you know that the change seems to have improved things.

I now get Twilight 6:14, Sunrise 6:42, Sunset, 16:55, and Twilight 17:23, which is much more reasonable for the current season.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:02 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

Great!