Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
lairdb
dog ear
lairdb began at the beginning.

Device: lots
Regex in search problems (NOT Search&Replace; the search bar)

I'm having real trouble getting regex search in the search bar to work, especially within the identifiers field. (I don't know if it's a Python thing, but multi-valued fields seem to be getting treated... oddly.)

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish, in case there's an easier way. What I want the search to yield are rows that have an odid identifier that is not an ak/prime or ak/unlimited identifier. Here are three (made up) identifiers records:

Code:
isbn:9781611099690, odid:B00AESRRQS@ak/prime&B00AESRRQS@ak/unlimited

isbn:9781439147993, amazon:143914799X, goodreads:6933152, google:ibWojDN848kC, odid:346656@sdcl.overdrive.com&346656@sfpl.overdrive.com

isbn:9781439147993,  odid:346656@sdcl.overdrive.com&346656@sfpl.overdrive.com&B00AESRRQS@ak/unlimited
In this example, I would get rows 2 and 3, because they have odid identifiers that are not ak/prime or ak/unlimited; I would not get record 1 because although it has odid identifiers, none of them are non-ak.

The regex odid:.*@(?!(ak\/u|ak\/p)) does what I expect in a tester, but I can't get it to work in Calibre.

ETA: I've tried
odid:.*@(?!(ak\/u|ak\/p))
~odid:.*@(?!(ak\/u|ak\/p))
"~odid:.*@(?!(ak\/u|ak\/p))"
identifiers:"~odid:.*@(?!(ak\/u|ak\/p))"
and none of them yield results.

Thanks.

Last edited by lairdb; 03-15-2017 at 02:25 PM.
lairdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the field name is identifiers:
You are working with a (sub) field value
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This should work:

Code:
identifiers:"=odid:~@(?!ak/(unlimited|prime))"
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
lairdb
dog ear
lairdb began at the beginning.

Device: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the field name is identifiers:
You are working with a (sub) field value
Of course, a subfield. What is a subfield?

("Your search - subfield site:calibre-ebook.com - did not match any documents.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
This should work:
Code:
identifiers:"=odid:~@(?!ak/(unlimited|prime))"
Yes, thanks, and simpler than mine. Is there an actual syntax somewhere for the search box, where syntax like that might be discussed or exampled?

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...arch-interface does not have anything about subfields, and the passing mention of the equals sign is incomplete and possibly inconsistent.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html has a huge explanation of how regexes work -- and nothing at all about how to use them in the search bar, which is substantially different from the S&R usage.

Thanks.
lairdb is offline   Reply With Quote