Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

Which e-reader best for invert/night mode?

Hi I have a visual problem that’s getting worse. I’m finding it hard to use my Kobo for any length of time even with the comfort light on. What’s working best is my iPad on invert mode. Black background and white text. Does any have a recommendation for an e-reader that has that option? Something not too expensive would be good!
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is an inverted mode on the Kobo devices. It isn't an official way, but is in recent firmware versions. It can be enabled by add a line in the config file. There are also other ways to do this. There is plenty of discussion on it in the Kobo forum.

And from my understanding, the Kindle Oasis has an inverted mode. I don't know if that has found its way to the other devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

Thank you for that. I’ll check it out. I’m not that good technically so fingers crossed. Apart from oasis do any other kindles have an inverted mode?
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmurray View Post
Thank you for that. I’ll check it out. I’m not that good technically so fingers crossed. Apart from oasis do any other kindles have an inverted mode?
The newest Paperwhite has the option also.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote