Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
TeleRead launches Palm TX e-book forum

While you can't count on getting special attention by waving around a Palm TX handheld, it's still an attractive alternative for reading e-books to those who are just not ready to buy an E Ink device yet. David of Teleread started a fresh forum where the Palm TX crowd can discuss any single possible way how to turn their beloved device into an e-book reader.

The Palm TX includes a high-resolution 320x480 screen, integrated WiFi and Bluetooth, SD/MMC support, 128MB of RAM, and you can grab it on sale for $260 USD from Amazon.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
My TX is my prime ebook reader. It can do all the "proprietary" formats - Mobipocket, eReader, etc. The display is crisp and clear, its fast and has a good battery life. It's also color. The machine is good enough, and versitile enough, so that none of the new ebook readers have tempted me.
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Um, 320x480 is not really "high-resolution" these days.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Um, 320x480 is not really "high-resolution" these days.
*grin* That depends on what you compare it with. Most handheld screens still use 320x240 these days.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Although I've read bunch of books on my T|X, I like Sony Reader more
Nowadays T|X is dedicated Sudoku/Bejewelled Machine
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
ALEX: Big thanks for the link. Meanwhile we've changed the name of the forum to Palm E-Book forum to make it clear that Palm people are welcome without or without a TX. In fact, anyone can post on matters relevant to Palm owners.

The URL is still http://www.teleread.org/palmtx although I might change that and the RSS feed's address (http://www.teleread.org/palmtx/rss.php?tag=palmtx) to reflect the modification.

Feedback welcome from you and others on the address issues.

SLAVA: As for the Sony, my thinking is this. For each (human) e-book reader, a favorite machine. Enjoy your new reader and the related forums on MobileRead! I simply like the greater variety of commercial content available on the TX (as well as search and the rest, plus the screen). Let's hope this here format thing can be worked out.

Right now on my Palm TX I'm reading and enjoying Beach Music (library e-book), by Pat Conroy, although I wish the dialog were a little tighter.

Cheers,
David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:32 AM   #7
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Whoops: Best RSS address right now is http://www.teleread.org/palmtx/rss.php . David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote