Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Question Version 3.0 Content Server Logfiles

I've upgraded my Calibre system to version 3.0. Other than some content server issues with an iPad all seems well. In earlier versions I copied and stored the Content Server Log files for trending and archival purposes. With 3.0, those logfiles, access and error, are empty.

Have the log files been moved elsewhere? No longer used? The log files really helped me solve some networking problems that I had.

Any info greatly appreciated.

mw
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are running the server standalone you use --log and --access-log to specify the log file paths. If you are running withing thew GUI, click the show server logs button in Preferences->Sharing over the net
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
Crucis

Question

The 'log' button doesn't allow me to save to a text file. I used to copy the pre-version-3 logfiles to an archive file daily. I'd like to do that again.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The new version also has logfiles, their location is simply changed. In the next release the fodler theya re stored in will be mentioned at the bottom of the view log dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Crucis

Thank you.

mw
Advert

Tags
content server, log files, logging, vers 3.0