Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Blasco Ibáñez, Vicente: Luna Benamor and Other Stories. v1.5 05 July 07

CORRECTION: The author's last name is: Ibanez.
Removed hanging TOC underlines and fixed two capital letters on the title; undid the ital on "and Other Stories."

New version is: 1.5

Incorrect version [1.0] has been REMOVED

Thank you, RWood.

Vicente Blasco Ibáñez
(1867–1928), Spainish. Writer

The title is my own. the "and Other Stories" was not part of the download, but I decided to add those extra words since the book is indeed comprised of a number of short stories in addition to the title story.

I do know about this author, having years ago read "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse," but that was so long ago that I recall very little of the book. That book made him famous outside his own country, and also apparently quite wealthy.

I put this together in order to induce me to read - as a now more "mature" reader - some of his other work.

A quote:

"His novels are primarily realistic in conception. The early ones, set in Valencia, include Flor de mayo (1895, tr. The Mayflower, 1921), La barraca [The Cabin] (1898), Cañas y barro (1902, tr. Reeds and Mud, 1928), and La catedral (1903, tr. The Shadow of the Cathedral, 1909). He traveled in South America, returning to Spain at the outbreak of World War I. He became a propagandist for the Allies, and his war novel, Los cuatro jinetes del Apocalipsis (1916, tr. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, 1918), made him world famous. He died a voluntary political exile."

I hope you enjoy it, and if so let the rest of know what you think about this book.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-14-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Corrrected the author's last name
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Name change of this author

I goofed. --- Harry could you fix a problem, please?

(see the original upload.)

Thank you,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert