Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@jasonreadmobile: As AnselmD said, post your version her and try to contact the author. I you don't get a response, you can approach a moderator to replace the released version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #17
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@jasonreadmobile: As AnselmD said, post your version her and try to contact the author. I you don't get a response, you can approach a moderator to replace the released version.
Hi @davidfor,

how can I find a moderator for my fix of the SimilarStories Plugin?
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnselmD View Post
How can I find a moderator for my fix of the SimilarStories Plugin?
By looking at the bottom of the main calibre forum page

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:17 AM   #19
Skipperslilbuddy
Skipperslilbuddy began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop in Tablet Mode
I just downloaded Calibre and came across the Clean Metadata plugin by WS64

The description of the Clean Metadata plugin has a typo in it. It Reads
Cleans up the metadata of books in your library, like titke, authors, series and so on

It should read as follows.

Cleans up the metadata of books in your library, like title, authors, series and so on
Skipperslilbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #20
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This plugin version 0.0.6 is not Calibre 5/Python 3.8+ compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperslilbuddy View Post
I just downloaded Calibre and came across the Clean Metadata plugin by WS64

The description of the Clean Metadata plugin has a typo in it. It Reads
Cleans up the metadata of books in your library, like titke, authors, series and so on

It should read as follows.

Cleans up the metadata of books in your library, like title, authors, series and so on

If you plan to upgrade to Calibre 5, that is the least of your worries. This plugin is not Calibre 5/Python 3.8+ compatible.

Note that the most recent activity in this thread (prior to your post today) was in early 2017.

Code:
calibre, version 4.99.14
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:name 'unicode' is not defined

calibre 4.99.14  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Audit Log (1, 0, 15) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 9) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 2, 2) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 82) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 12) && Entities Manager (1, 0, 13) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Extract RIS Citations (1, 0, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Job Spy (1, 0, 184) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Library Splitter (1, 0, 4) && Media File Importer (1, 0, 23) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 84) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 112) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 1) && View Manager (1, 5, 7) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 68)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.CleanMetadata.main", line 192, in <lambda>
  File "calibre_plugins.CleanMetadata.main", line 602, in process_books
  File "calibre_plugins.CleanMetadata.main", line 522, in process_dubauthor
  File "calibre_plugins.CleanMetadata.main", line 493, in remove_letters
  File "calibre_plugins.CleanMetadata.main", line 34, in rmdiacritics
NameError: name 'unicode' is not defined
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #21
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
The problem is probably literally in one line of code, so I'm including an unofficial version 0.0.7 which should work with Python 3.x as well, so in Calibre 5 as well.

I checked all the plugin options one by one and it works for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Clean Metadata v0.0.7.zip (13.3 KB, 244 views)
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
The problem is probably literally in one line of code, so I'm including an unofficial version 0.0.7 which should work with Python 3.x as well, so in Calibre 5 as well.

I checked all the plugin options one by one and it works for me.
Thanks Becky, appreciated muchly.

@Skipper… if you can give BeckyEbook's version a test and confirm its okay (I'll eat both my hats if its not), then I'll move that version into the first post, etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #23
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Thank you for this very nice plugin. Would it be possible to have some settings such that certain functions can be run on each import? A significant amount of EPUBs I get have authors listed similar to your example in the first post. As such, I tend to run it quite often. Being able to be automatic would be nice. In case of any wanted changes, at least for me, such would be easier to clean up and quicker than manually running each time.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:05 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to check into the Action Chains plugin to allow running multiple actions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:08 PM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to check into the Action Chains plugin to allow running multiple actions.
One of my most useful action chains is one that runs Extract ISBN + Count Pages + Comments Cleaner. I usually run it just after adding a book.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #26
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
One of my most useful action chains is one that runs Extract ISBN + Count Pages + Comments Cleaner. I usually run it just after adding a book.

Could you share it, I would add others
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:52 PM   #27
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Is this available somewhere on some Git repo if anyone wishes to contribute? I may try to add ability to auto run some fixes in import. Authors I tend to have many EPUBs needing such.

One issue. It seems that multiple select and running fix authors may not work. Certain sources always specify multiple authors in one creator separated by semicolon.

Same source also often specifies editors with “(EDT)” somewhere in the name. Might try to fix such.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:27 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The full source is in the zip file. The author doesn't seem to be active, so presumably if you hack away, just post a beta version in this thread

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #29
democrite
Evangelist

Will do.