Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Perhaps you can find someone who cloned the repo before it disappeared and clone it from them. With git, there is no central repository.
That is what I was hoping to find by posting to this thread. No luck so far though. Is there a better place to make such a request?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Any chance to find emails for the original contributors?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Any chance to find emails for the original contributors?
Thanks for the suggestion. I did, and here is his email reply:
Quote:
Mikhail Gusarov
11:32 AM (17 minutes ago)

Hi.

The server failed, so nothing is online. I have backups, but I didn't have any time to
restore it.
And this was my response:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I would LOVE to see it on your github account, when you can find the time.
EDIT: Here: https://github.com/dottedmag?tab=repositories

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-15-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #19
geekmaster

I just discovered a new OpenInkpot github repository with activity 10 days ago:
https://github.com/OpenInkpot
Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #20
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have uploaded all the git repositories I had in backup to GitHub:

https://github.com/openinkpot
https://github.com/iplinux

When I have more free time I'll bring up r/o copy of Trac wiki with attachments.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #21
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Note that the github source does not really allow one to build new firmware: the process was relying on the APT repository being online. I have backups of it too, but it will be some time before I can make it work.

As a side note, I ran a build of OI firmware out of curiosity a year ago. It worked well after some prodding (e.g. pointing Debian APT sources to archive.debian.org), so all the bits and pieces seems to be intact, nothing is missing.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #22
geekmaster

Thanks Mikhail!

I want to explore this when I have more time.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #23
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

I have put APT repositories and various contrib files online, and also prepared a new release of iplinux-bootstrap.

OI firmware can be built:
Quote:
~$ wget https://iplinux.org/contrib/iplinux-...-0.3.0.tar.bz2
<...>
2016-10-16 16:24:42 (672 KB/s) - `iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0.tar.bz2' saved [38384/38384]

~$ tar xf iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0.tar.bz2
~$ cd iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0/
~/iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0$ ./iplinux-bootstrap openinkpot oi

** If script stops without "You can enter newly created...", then it broke.
<...>
You can enter newly created OpenInkpot build environment by issuing
the following command:
/home/vagrant/iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0/oi/enter

~/iplinux-bootstrap-0.3.0$ ./oi/enter
<devenv: ~>$ sudo apt-get install oi-build-firmware
<...>
Setting up oi-build-firmware (0.93.6) ...
<devenv: ~>$ build-fw n516
<...>
<devenv: ~>$ ls output/20161016-162931/
oi-hanvon-n516-install-20161016-162931-bootloader.zip
oi-hanvon-n516-install-20161016-162931-flashimage.zip
oi-hanvon-n516-install-20161016-162931-update.zip
oi-hanvon-n516-install-20161016-162931.pkglist
<devenv: ~>$
Not that it is very useful, as APT repositories are static and no new package uploads can be done

Anyway, everything is online at https://openinkpot.org/ and https://iplinux.org/

Last edited by dottedmag; 10-16-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #24
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
... Anyway, everything is online at https://openinkpot.org/ and https://iplinux.org/
Thanks!