Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
Josiah
Josiah began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looking for Kindle Oasis users living in Toronto for Research

Hi,

I am running some user research sessions in Toronto, Canada and am looking for Kindle Oasis users.

If you:
  1. read on a Kindle Oasis
  2. have an hour free either Friday June 2nd or Monday June 5th during business hours

please follow the link below and complete the questionnaire.

https://goo.gl/forms/RaTlc0VPyHehNhvp1

Users that get selected and attend the session will get a $100 Visa gift card as a thank you for your help.

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There is a forum rule against blind link addresses.
Please edit your post to use an identifiable URL address.

Doing so will not only make you compliant with the forum rules, but might suggest that you are doing more than just harvesting e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is nothing in that survey that makes it look legit.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks for looking so I didn't have too.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Agreed.
I think that after 11 pages of questions, your mind is suppose to be so dulled that it will not notice it is not legitimate.
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Agreed.
I think that after 11 pages of questions, your mind is suppose to be so dulled that it will not notice it is not legitimate.
I did fill in the survey. Granted, the answers were all faked. It is the only way I could have seen the entire survey.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #7
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Okay folks. I'm an internet simpleton. What about this post would make me not fill out the survey? Especially interested from anyone who looked at the link.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
JSWolf, you have obviously never done Swagbucks before. 11 pages is nothing compared to most surveys I've done. Criteria must be met in order to qualify. Most Swagbucks surveys pay under a dollar.

The link above is what is called a screener. If you want to make a quick $100 and you live in the research area. I'd go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 05-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
- - - -
The link above is what is called a screener. If you want to make a quick $100 and you live in the research area. I'd go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Received by my Linux system.

You write that as if the $100 is a certainty, it isn't, it is a drawing.

= = = =

From your survey experience, you know that a survey that asks which of (I didn't count them) a dozen different e-readers a person uses, would not be specifically announced to only one group of e-reader users (Kindle Oasis).

That type of selectivity of the sample population would make the survey worthless.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is no where it says drawing. It says if you attend the session in Toronto you get $100. That's pretty common for a research panel. I've done those too. You do get paid if you do a panel.

Actually it would ask that type of question. They have to make sure you are the kind of person they are looking for and it's​ a DQ question meaning... You answer wrong you get disqualified. You would be shocked how many people game the system out there for a measly 50 cents.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just went through the survey. Didn't submit. It's probably one of the most simple screener questionnaire I've seen. Doesn't ask many demographics. Basically wants to know a few reader habits. It's quite obvious what criteria they want. It looks like a good opportunity to me.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 05-24-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

It looks like junk science to me.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you want a specific demographic, you end the survey when someone doesn't answer the way you want.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
If you want a specific demographic, you end the survey when someone doesn't answer the way you want.
And you certainly don't need their location, e-mail address, and telephone number if they are not part of the demographic your interested in.
Nor the date and time you are likely to not be home.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Maybe the questionnaire could be better but it's a legit opportunity. I looked into it and understand their need for secrecy and have a pretty good idea why they are doing this.

If you are in Toronto and want to help this company out and make a $100 in the process. I say go for it.

People commenting here are obviously not experts in surveys or research panels. They have no idea how these things work. I've been doing them since 2013. I have done thousands of surveys since then and several research panels. The info asked is basic questions nothing scary. They don't ask for any contact info other than your email at the end. That's so you will receive an email confirming your appointment if you are chosen.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 05-25-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Closed Thread