Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
No locations in the TOC

The TOC is fine and works perfectly, however is there a way to also how where the location of a chapter is?
All the TOC says the Chapter 1, 2 3 etc but no location.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
bookworm53
bookworm53 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark123 View Post
The TOC is fine and works perfectly, however is there a way to also how where the location of a chapter is?
All the TOC says the Chapter 1, 2 3 etc but no location.
Press the centre button on the 5-way when you are on the chapter you want to go to in TOC.
bookworm53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
Dark123
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm53 View Post
Press the centre button on the 5-way when you are on the chapter you want to go to in TOC.
I know that. I just want the location to show on the side.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
I know that. I just want the location to show on the side.
No.

You can estimate the location you want to jump or write it down and remember. But it is not displayed on the TOC, not at least with current firmware.

If you want to go to an specific chapter you use the TOC, if available or the 5 way control.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Dark123
Zealot

Thanks jocampo. I thought they might be way to show the locations.
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Thanks jocampo. I thought they might be way to show the locations.
Sure, no problem. It was a good question.

To give you a wider perspective and additional info, Nook provides page number and you can jump to an specific one via menu, similar to Kindle's location concept but real pages. What's different on the Nook that I wish we could have on Kindle, is you can slide a button over a linear representation of your book or pages, moving back and forth (left to right) all over the book. Not ideal to jump lot of pages but a bit faster and better than "go to". I believe this option is easy on the Nook because the LCD screen, which we don' t with Kindle.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote