Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 02:46 AM   #61
digitalnut
digitalnut began at the beginning.

Device: none
@orebmur
@tangocat
Does anyone run team viewer and project from the computer screen to BOYUE Likebook Note?
I want to read from my desktop version(with a web browser)!
digitalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:54 AM   #62
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3734757
Does anyone run team viewer and project from the computer screen to BOYUE Likebook Note?
Sorry, i only use e-ink devices exclusively for their core function: reading. Anything else i simply don't care about and use a laptop instead.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #63
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnut View Post
@orebmur
@tangocat
I want to read from my desktop version(with a web browser)!
I have considered the teamviewer app to turn an Android ereader into a monitor, but this really requires a modernish Android on the ereader.

Still considering it, but I doubt I will ever do it. I will more likely eventually buy an eink monitor.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #64
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
I have considered the teamviewer app to turn an Android ereader into a monitor, but this really requires a modernish Android on the ereader.

Still considering it, but I doubt I will ever do it. I will more likely eventually buy an eink monitor.
Buy a lcd monitor; like lg 22en33, it cost less and is faster, lg 22en33 has 16,7 millions coulours, 5 ms response,
e-ink 16 grey scale and 450ms response and cost higher!
As Orebmur, i only reader, so frontlight, Note app, play store are useless for me and add extra cost!

Last edited by lems1995; 08-12-2018 at 08:33 AM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #65
JawadLeLogeur
Zealot
JawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Forma 4.15.12920
Is the older Android a big deal? i.e. what can you do on the Onyx models that you can't do on the Likebook?
JawadLeLogeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #66
anarres
anarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the roughanarres is a jewel in the rough

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
what can you do on the Onyx models that you can't do on the Likebook?
Central question also for me. Special interest in web browsing capabilities. Other devices can do it quite well with A2 mode browsing light-text based pages (obviously Onyx Boox Max 2 but also other cheaper devices like Boyue Likebook Plus 7.8')

How about Boyue 10' Note in this task? No test video provided at the moment...
anarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #67
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
Is the older Android a big deal? i.e. what can you do on the Onyx models that you can't do on the Likebook?
For me, the operating system of an e-ink reader device has to go out of the way and not interfere with the device's core function it was designed for. In my personal (and maybe not so humble) opinion, Android in any version is just overkill for a reader device and only leaves users with the temptation of confusing it with a full blown multi-purpose tablet.

The Onyx Boox Note is probably a better choice software wise. But this surely is not due to the higher Android version but thanks to the more capable reader software (tabbed PDF reader comes to mind) and i doubt this is something that's impossible to implement on any given Android version as long as the hardware resources are generous enough for the task.

Ready made Android is just a negative incentive to manufacturers to neglect their software development with the excuse of third party app availability. Producing and selling hardware bundles is probably much cheaper than investing into quality software development.

The end of the story results in manufacturers trying to adapt their devices to the overly active operating system while neglecting the actual purpose of the device and doing it the other way round. I'd rather prefer not having to look for 3rd party software only because the manufacturer was unable to deliver on the promise of his product's reader capabilities.

The e-ink device manufacturer who is able to finally grasp this is going to be the winner who'll have the merit to take it all. I'd wish someone for once would get this right one of these years...
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #68
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
For me, the operating system of an e-ink reader device has to go out of the way and not interfere with the device's core function it was designed for. In my personal (and maybe not so humble) opinion, Android in any version is just overkill for a reader device and only leaves users with the temptation of confusing it with a full blown multi-purpose tablet.

--deleted--

The e-ink device manufacturer who is able to finally grasp this is going to be the winner who'll have the merit to take it all. I'd wish someone for once would get this right one of these years...
Most e Ink readers use Linux as their base OS which doesn't get in the way. If you want additional apps and a pure Linux then the PocketBook is for you. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=206 for their forum section here.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #69
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

[QUOTE=orebmur;3736442]

Ready made Android is just a negative incentive to manufacturers to neglect their software development with the excuse of third party app availability. Producing and selling hardware bundles is probably much cheaper than investing into quality software development.

/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you, i have MaxCarta, this device hardware well designed as Likebook Note is.
But Maxcarta has many bugs, doesn't know what is lemmatization and i think Onyx Boox abandonned support device, it's so bad to do that.

I have also sony PRS-T2 and T3, it are not Android OS but the sofware is well polished contrary to MaxCarta.
With Likebook Note, I don't know if it's bug, the back button doesn't return where i was, but to begining of folder, also dictionnary built-in is only chinese, i am french, i would have at least a custom one.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #70
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
I'm in the opposite camp, so I like the possibility even with an older version of Android.
I realize that I could do some of these things on my phone, but I like being able to read in direct sunlight and the slightly bigger screen (I have a 7.8 inch e-reader). Strangely, I am a fan of specialized devices. I have a separate audio player and prefer a separate camera for taking pictures. I also like having a reader that's primarily for reading, but cloud access to calendar, keep, drive, and Pocket is nice at times.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #71
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post

I fully agree with you, i have MaxCarta, this device hardware well designed as Likebook Note is.
But Maxcarta has many bugs, doesn't know what is lemmatization and i think Onyx Boox abandonned support device, it's so bad to do that.

I have also sony PRS-T2 and T3, it are not Android OS but the sofware is well polished contrary to MaxCarta.
With Likebook Note, I don't know if it's bug, the back button doesn't return where i was, but to begining of folder, also dictionnary built-in is only chinese, i am french, i would have at least a custom one.
How do you rank this likebook note against your other devices? Just want to hear another fellow owner's opinion. Thanks.

Talking about bugs....I've noticed Likebook Note's bluetooth function has a problem. While it pairs with headset no problem for audio playback, it doesn't pair with input devices like keyboard, gamepad etc. This is a big problem for me, as I use a tiny gamepad as page turning remote. (My T80s's bluetooth function is better, but is strange too. I have to leave both wifi and bluetooth on, in order to maintain a persistent connection with the gamepad). I've reported the issue to the vendor, who promised to relay the message to Likebook. I hope a fixer ROM to come soon.
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:45 AM   #72
tangocat
tangocat began at the beginning.

Device: likebook T80S T103, Kindle paperwhite, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post

I had high hope for Amazon to come with a larger screen eink device, and hopefully at a reasonable price. But we all know Amazon hasn't made a kindle DXG successor for many years, it's all but forgotten. Maybe they think it's probably not "cost-effective" to please a tiny reader population with special needs.

That's where the Chinese comes in I guess, filling the niche market. Android is just a convenient open OS to build upon, even though it's buggy as hell.
tangocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:32 AM   #73
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocat View Post
How do you rank this likebook note against your other devices? Just want to hear another fellow owner's opinion. Thanks.

Talking about bugs....I've noticed Likebook Note's bluetooth function has a problem. While it pairs with headset no problem for audio playback, it doesn't pair with input devices like keyboard, gamepad etc. This is a big problem for me, as I use a tiny gamepad as page turning remote. (My T80s's bluetooth function is better, but is strange too. I have to leave both wifi and bluetooth on, in order to maintain a persistent connection with the gamepad). I've reported the issue to the vendor, who promised to relay the message to Likebook. I hope a fixer ROM to come soon.
Likebook Note is not the right device for me, because it's dedicaded to note feature and handwriting, but i can use it to read ebooks.
The chinese ereaders devices are "
It sounds like the hardware is good but cripples with lousy software" as said JSWOLF.
Maxcarta is well hardware designed but have a lousy software, Onyx Boox think it's better to add a muli-core cpu than fix software bugs!.

I paired headset and pc Fedora 28 easily. as i said i don't understand the back button, it doesn't back where i was!.

reading epub and pdf documents is easy, for pdf the size screen is just enough, but MaxCarta is better with 13,3".

Dictionary is there but only for chinese speaking, i am french, so it's useless for me, i hope Boyue will fix that very soon.

If Sony will support epub format, il will buy their new device, Sony is the only manutfacter of software quality.

Last edited by lems1995; 08-14-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #74
lems1995
Zealot

Likebook Note has an usefull feature to load books via wi-fi, wi-fi book transfer, so it can load books without Calibre library manager, from smartphone device or pc or something else.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #75
lems1995
Zealot

i choose english as language of the device, Likebook Note, so i expect that all stuff in it will be transleted in english, big mistake!! it stay in chinese, MaxCarta do the same.
In reading epub book, when choose a word and look up, in wiki, the device translate in chinese and lookup in baidu!, that is veriy irritating!