Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #31
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
As a programmer, I would use it for work and fun. If it would have a detachable screen like Onyx Type Writer that would be awesome but even without it, this is simply a device I dreamed about for years now!

Be able to sit in a park and write text/code...

IT guys would not be limited to work only inside anymore! This is huge! It could change the paradigm of a computer guy that constantly sits in the basement/office! We sit in rooms because we have to due to lighting and screens, but with e-ink laptop this would change!

I'm dreaming now...
I can see you out on a limb up in a tree, or out on the ledge, or in the middle of a lake. You will have been freed...
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #32
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
I always wanted working from a tree

I see that people are pointing out that you won't be able to see videos, animations etc... For me that's a big advantage!

It is easy to procrastinate when programming, e.g. when you wait for some computation to finish. Now with E-ink screen you cannot watch flashy websites like youtube, facebook (pictures will be distorted too much, and let's face it, people use fb to spy on other people, that's a fact) etc. you concentrate on work.

This fact alone would increase my productivity by tens of minutes a day, which for some people (e.g. students) might be the no.1 reason to buy such device.

Last edited by SnowRipple; 09-01-2017 at 09:13 AM.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #33
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I prefer "Stream of Consciousness", it's more "arty" and "Thinky"
I prefer "word diarrhea." It's more descripty
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #34
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I always wanted working from a tree
which for some people (e.g. students) might be the no.1 reason to buy such device.
I just feel like it won't be affordable, especially for students.

Last edited by tracey1; 09-01-2017 at 04:00 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:25 AM   #35
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
@Dulin's Books shared this with us:

http://digitimes.com/news/a20170829PD202.html

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290150

The company name is "Linfiny":

https://www.e-ink-info.com/eih-and-s...ebook-products

It is hapenning!

I guess that some of you owe the goodereader blog apologies now..
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
@Dulin's Books shared this with us:

http://digitimes.com/news/a20170829PD202.html
It's a link to a paywall. You won't be able to read the article.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #37
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Based on the digtimes article cited in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...34#post3576534 I think this is another case of this blog misinterpreting something. That is the joint venture is working on developing e-ink tablets, not e-ink laptops.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:32 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Based on the digtimes article cited in the thread URL deleted I think this is another case of this blog misinterpreting something. That is the joint venture is working on developing e-ink tablets, not e-ink laptops.
The Digitimes article is behind a paywall. Please don't direct people to that link.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-04-2017 at 02:36 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #39
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Digitimes article is behind a paywall. Please don't direct people to that link.
I did not do any such thing.

Get your facts straight.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #40
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Look for it never.

If you read the original source you will see that it says:

They didn't say it would be an E-ink laptop; for all we know they could have a design that uses an E-ink screen on the lid as a secondary screen - or uses tie E-ink screen in place of a keyboard.

Edit: and E-ink didn't say this, either; the article states it but doesn't say that it came from E-ink.
I'd say about 75% wrong.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #41
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Quote:
which for some people (e.g. students) might be the no.1 reason to buy such device.
I bought a typewriter.

Much cheaper, easy to maintain, doesn't require electricity, no eye-strain and no corrupted files.

Really an underrated technology
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #42
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
I bought a typewriter.

Much cheaper, easy to maintain, doesn't require electricity, no eye-strain and no corrupted files.

Really an underrated technology
Until you want to edit your writing, or pass it to someone else. There was a good reason why typewritten stuff fell by the wayside.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #43
MoRo
eReader
MoRo began at the beginning.

Device: Catch 'em all - as I receive devices for testing
Are you sure it is all about e-ink laptop? I have heard rumours about e-notebook.

That's a little bit misleading, because it can be a laptop, and as well a notebook, like an e-ink foldable papersheet.

What am I talking about, is the possibility of writing on it. This can mean that they are developing just a common notebook using E-Ink technology.
MoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #44
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Onyx is already working on one so if this doesnt turn out to be either cheaper or equipped with a bigger screen, I dont see the hype. Plus what if it stopped working ? I'd say it's better to buy an E ink monitor you can hook up to every laptop or wait for Clearink products which will be significantly cheaper (assuming they'll ever come out of course)
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote