Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Sideloading Books.

Hello All,
Having dropped my H2O A friend has given me his old Kobo Touch. I would like to sideload my books from the computer. Should I select copy and paste into Keypub File or Kobo File or somewhere else please.
Thank you.
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo Touch and the Kobo Aura H2O work exactly the same. You can sideload books to the Touch in the same way that you did for the Aura H2O. If that isn't working, then you need to explain what you have tried and what happened.

And, I don't know what you mean by "Keypub File" and "Kobo File". Are you referring to directories or formats?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Thank you for your help. I mean the two directories. I have very little knowledge of how they all work, I am a reader only. I thought that if I copied all the epub books I have and then pasted them into the Touch, then they would appear so that I could read them. When I connect the Touch to the computer I can see tghe various directories in the Touch. I just do not know were To paste them. (IF you know what I mean).
Thanks.
Ron
Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can sideload books where ever you want as long as they are not in a directory starting with a ".". So, don't put them in the ".kobo" directory. There will also be a directory called "Digital Editions". This is where ADE will put books if you use it. Sideloading books there will probably work, but it isn't advisable.

My recommendation is to create a directory on the device for your books. As you are borrowing a device, you could name that to know they are your books. Alternatively, use calibre and let it handle where the books are.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #5
moofychops
Connoisseur

Davidfor,
Thank you for your replies. Your mentioning ADE reminded my old brain that, that was what I used on the H2O and it worked very well then, so I did the same with the Touch and that also worked very well, and I am now able to read all my books again. Thanks for all your help.
Ron
Advert