Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
Browser's User Agent string

Has anyone tried to change this yet?

I started playing with it to see if/how Google Maps iPhone version would load and also to try the new Google Docs mobile editing feature announced this week.

I edited the user agent string in /opt/amazon/ebook/config/wrs.ini and restarted the kindle.

The two strings I've tried are:
"Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en)"
"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Desire_A8181 Build/FRF91)"

I've not noticed a big difference yet and can't be sure that the new Google Docs mobile editing has even been enabled for my account yet.

I'd be interested to see how others get on.
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, kindle 3, user agent, webkit