Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 12:38 AM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
How often are there sales on Kobo readers?

I'm thinking of selling my Kindle PW3 and using the funds to help pay for a new Clara HD. I've already got an H2O so I'm in no rush. I was wondering whether Kobo or Indigo might have a sale on the Clara HD as it gets closer to Christmas? I know it was just released earlier this year. Any thoughts? Do Indigo or Kobo usually have sales on ereaders at Christmas time?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
in uk i have never seen a sale
and fyi i have been tracking the price of the KA1 and it is unchanged since 12 months ago
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:54 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Yep no I've never seen a Kobo sale either. I have seen 'offers' where Kobo partnered up with a company that sells subscriptions to [whatever] and you get a Kobo at maybe €10-20 discount together with X years of subscription, but of course you end up spending more than if you were to just buy a separate Kobo at full price...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:26 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the best ( UK ) deal I found was to buy from John Lewis and spend £10 on their added cover
I confirmed with JL that if you buy this, you get a no quibble 2 year guarantee which includes accidental screen damage, and that you never have to deal with Kobo customer services, you deal only with JL who have their own engineers
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:21 AM   #5
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
I preordered Kobo Forma 32 GB in Japan on 5 October from Rakuten+Bic Camera and got a 10% coupon off.
Rakuten was not giving any discount, but Bic Camera gave 10% off if you purchase from partnership seller.
I can see that Bic Camera are now giving 2000 Yen off for Kobo Forma, but not for Clara.
You can check the shop here https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/biccamera/
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 AM   #6
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
In Canada (which I assume is where you are thinking of buying it since you mentioned Indigo, despite being in Japan), the lower end ereaders often have between 10-30$ off. Or have a plus cover deal. Not sure how long after they come out this happens, so not sure if it would be in time for Christmas this year for the Clara HD.

As stumped mentioned, the KA1 has never been on sale, as long as I have watched the price, and before I bought it, I found it had an identical price at release and every mention I found on this forum about price in Canada was identical. Curious whether it will go on sale when the Forma comes out, although it is so different, it might never been seen as the "upgrade" to the KA1.

I had a bunch of gift cards so bought it anyway, but was disappointed to get no reduction in price. Though now that I think back, I remember they did have a plum points offer on when I first was looking at it, but I didn't buy it right away, so the offer was gone and didn't return in the time I waited before buying. Though it was quite weird, as usually you don't get plum points for Kobos, and they say specifically you can't get or use plum points on Kobos. Guess they make the rules though, and can still put it on as a special offer. I believe it was the equivalent of 10$ worth of plum points. But it might have been as much as 20$.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #7
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
In Canada (which I assume is where you are thinking of buying it since you mentioned Indigo, despite being in Japan), the lower end ereaders often have between 10-30$ off. Or have a plus cover deal. Not sure how long after they come out this happens, so not sure if it would be in time for Christmas this year for the Clara HD.

As stumped mentioned, the KA1 has never been on sale, as long as I have watched the price, and before I bought it, I found it had an identical price at release and every mention I found on this forum about price in Canada was identical. Curious whether it will go on sale when the Forma comes out, although it is so different, it might never been seen as the "upgrade" to the KA1.

I had a bunch of gift cards so bought it anyway, but was disappointed to get no reduction in price. Though now that I think back, I remember they did have a plum points offer on when I first was looking at it, but I didn't buy it right away, so the offer was gone and didn't return in the time I waited before buying. Though it was quite weird, as usually you don't get plum points for Kobos, and they say specifically you can't get or use plum points on Kobos. Guess they make the rules though, and can still put it on as a special offer. I believe it was the equivalent of 10$ worth of plum points. But it might have been as much as 20$.
Yeah in Canada, I tend to notice that the lower end models will go about $20 off by Black Friday at Chapters, Best Buy and Walmart since all the Canadian versions of the stores will copy each other.

Sometimes the offer stays till Christmas. Sometimes it's just for the Black Friday weekend.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Here in Italy I've seen the occasional discount advertised on Kobo's page before the festivities/Mother's Day etc., but never on the more expensive models. It tended to coincide with discounts on the Paperwhite.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote