Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 AM   #61
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
pbsdk-1.1.0

Hi!

pbsdk-1.1.0 released.

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/

The main improvements are:

1. The latest sdk from pocketbook is used as a origin;
2. No more 32/64 different packages - all in one!
3. Problem with make BUILD=arm fixed (can't find C++ includes).
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #62
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
Quote:
pbsdk-1.1.0 released.

http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/
Thanks a lot, Sergey!

I still do not get emulator to work on OpenSuse 64Bit, but it all works very pretty on my Ubuntu 32Bit VBox.
Your Video (Thanks !!!) helped me, to finally get it running with Eclipse-IDE - I always lingered for that!

I am really lucky to be able to use

-Declarations searching,
-Debugging with breakpoints and stepping
-Function parameters watching

and all other IDE-stuff now.

thanks and cheers,

Martin
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #63
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Thanks a lot, Sergey!

I still do not get emulator to work on OpenSuse 64Bit, but it all works very pretty on my Ubuntu 32Bit VBox.
Martin, contact me if you wish. I can help you with OpenSuse through teamviewer!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #64
below
below began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Hello,

thank you for providing the SDK!

After upgrading to 1.1.0 (on Ubuntu 10.04, running as a VMWare guest on an OS X host), I get the following error when attempting to build the clock sample for the emulator:
Code:
% make BUILD=emu
gcc -c -o obj_emu/clock.c.o -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32  -MTobj_emu/clock.c.o -MF`echo obj_emu/clock.c.o | sed -e 's,\.o$,.d,'` -MD -MP clock.c
In file included from clock.c:1:
/usr/include/inkview.h:24:18: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/inkview.h:25:22: error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/inkview.h:27:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:28:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:29:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:30:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
make: *** [obj_emu/clock.c.o] Error 1
The build for arm_gnuabi seems to build fine (did not yet install it on the device)

Any pointers?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Alex
below is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #65
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by below View Post
Hello,

thank you for providing the SDK!

After upgrading to 1.1.0 (on Ubuntu 10.04, running as a VMWare guest on an OS X host), I get the following error when attempting to build the clock sample for the emulator:
Code:
% make BUILD=emu
gcc -c -o obj_emu/clock.c.o -D__EMU__ -DIVSAPP -Wall -g -m32  -MTobj_emu/clock.c.o -MF`echo obj_emu/clock.c.o | sed -e 's,\.o$,.d,'` -MD -MP clock.c
In file included from clock.c:1:
/usr/include/inkview.h:24:18: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/inkview.h:25:22: error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/inkview.h:27:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:28:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:29:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
/usr/include/inkview.h:30:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
make: *** [obj_emu/clock.c.o] Error 1
The build for arm_gnuabi seems to build fine (did not yet install it on the device)

Any pointers?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Alex
Hi!

You can just comment the following lines in inkview.h:

#include <zlib.h>
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include FT_GLYPH_H
#include FT_IMAGE_H
#include FT_OUTLINE_H

THAY ARE NOT NEEDED

Another option is to install "libfreetype6-dev" package.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-22-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #66
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You need to install the dev packages for zlib and libfreetype on your Ubuntu system. Run synaptic, type those names into the search box, and select the packages with '-dev' in the name.

The ARM-based builds come with the necessary headers in the PBSDK package, but it's up to you to get them for the native system when building for the emulator.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #67
MartinZ
Zealot

SDK on OpenSuse12.1 64-Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Martin, contact me if you wish. I can help you with OpenSuse through teamviewer!
sorry, teamviewer6 does not run either

But I get the following:
Code:
linux-euvj:/usr/local/pocketbook/sources/calcplus # make BUILD=emu
g++ -o obj_emu/calcplus obj_emu/calcplusexe.c.o obj_emu/button18.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button19.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button4.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button9.bmp.c.o -m32 -linkview
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_perform@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `png_set_gray_1_2_4_to_8'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_pause@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinfo@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj_emu/calcplus] Error 1
Old 11-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #68
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
Quote:
sorry, teamviewer6 does not run either

But I get the following:
Code:
linux-euvj:/usr/local/pocketbook/sources/calcplus # make BUILD=emu
g++ -o obj_emu/calcplus obj_emu/calcplusexe.c.o obj_emu/button18.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button19.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button4.bmp.c.o obj_emu/button9.bmp.c.o -m32 -linkview
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_cleanup@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_perform@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `png_set_gray_1_2_4_to_8'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_pause@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../lib/libinkview.so: undefined reference to `curl_easy_getinfo@CURL_OPENSSL_3'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj_emu/calcplus] Error 1
I've solved the same problem in my gentoo system by taking libs from ubuntu and put them to /usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib
You also have to add
-Wl,-rpath-link=/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib -L/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib
to linker options. You may see list of needed libraries in my ebuild file
http://fedorchenko.net/src/pbsdk-1.1...ebuild.tar.bz2
it's also may be usefull use runbpemu script for running PB emulator.
another way is to use chroot or VM with ubuntu.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 AM   #69
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuryfdr View Post
I've solved the same problem in my gentoo system by taking libs from ubuntu and put them to /usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib
You also have to add
-Wl,-rpath-link=/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib -L/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib
to linker options. You may see list of needed libraries in my ebuild file
http://fedorchenko.net/src/pbsdk-1.1...ebuild.tar.bz2
it's also may be usefull use runbpemu script for running PB emulator.
another way is to use chroot or VM with ubuntu.
+1

MartinZ, this also can solve you emulator problem

Probably we should pack these ubuntu libraries into the separate tgz?

Please, try http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/files/lib32.tgz

I packed all my libraries from /usr/lib32. And I'll post this link to my site if you confirm that everything works.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-23-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #70
MartinZ
Zealot

Quote:
MartinZ, this also can solve you emulator problem

Probably we should pack these ubuntu libraries into the separate tgz?

Please, try http://pbsdk.vlasovsoft.net/files/lib32.tgz

I packed all my libraries from /usr/lib32. And I'll post this link to my site if you confirm that everything works.
I tried yuri's solution. But it's a bit complicated, cause ebuilds can't be done on OpenSuse. So I did not get it complete by now.

Packing into tgz would be great, I'll think.

I will try your lib32.tgz.

I understand, that building for emulator depends on the libraries, that belong to each user's individual (normal - non ARM) buildsystem - and in case of OpenSuse 64Bit, that is not suitable for this (at least not "out of the box").

So i would suggest to not rely on the user's local build system but pack a working version into your SDK, so it can work in any case.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #71
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
So i would suggest to not rely on the user's local build system but pack a working version into your SDK, so it can work in any case.
Sounds good ...
Old 11-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #72
MartinZ
Zealot

lib32

Sorry, can't get it to work this way.

I think, problem in OpenSuse is, that libcurl4 is installed instead of libcurl3 and libinkview.so is linked against libcurl3.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #73
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Sorry, can't get it to work this way.

I think, problem in OpenSuse is, that libcurl4 is installed instead of libcurl3 and libinkview.so is linked against libcurl3.
use additional linker options:

and to run:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib ./Your_app

where /usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib is PATH where you unpack sergeyvl's lib32 archive.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #74
MartinZ
Zealot

Quote:
use additional linker options:

and to run:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib ./Your_app

where /usr/local/pocketbook/ubuntoo/lib is PATH where you unpack sergeyvl's lib32 archive.
That's what I did. But it gave lots (really, really many!) of other errors that way (just to mention one: "libc.so.6" is not found, and that is a quite severe problem, i guess). Maybe if I use sergey's lib32, it does not fit to the "gcc", "ld" etc. that is installed on Open Suse.

So I again started to search for the reason, why it does not work "out of the box" in OpenSuse 64Bit, although needed libraries are installed.
As far as i found out, some version of libcurl3 defined versioned symbols, while actual versions do not.

I think, it would be best to include a working gnu build system (fitting to the "libinkview.so") into sergey's SDK and not rely on the individual one, that is installed on each user's linux distribution - so we can avoid running into incompatibilities.
If Pocketbook would give us the source code of "libinkview.so", we could build it suitable for each user's system. But as long as we only have a ready built ".so" - we will have these problems.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #75
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

Quote:
If Pocketbook would give us the source code of "libinkview.so", we could build it suitable for each user's system. But as long as we only have a ready built ".so" - we will have these problems.
it will be best solution... But i don't believe that PB give sources of libinkview.so