Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Made a quick reader bookcover

Was discussing this on another thread how a bookcover for the original cover could be made easy enough. Well I just whipped one up so here are the pics. Now I have an original Design by Karen, ha ha minus the fabric which was left overs from my making window treatments

Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh guys, I am sorry, should I have made these pics smaller? Don't holler at me .... ;(
Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Very nice, Karen. Quite striking and definitely not red. You used the Stitch Witch stuff, then? I've seen it in stores (the search for raw materials for my 'projects' takes me far and wide), but not knowing how durable the stuff is (and not really having a need to mess with it so far) I've not looked at it too closely.

Regarding the size, if you want to add them as attachments (rather than in-line images), it'd be more merciful on the lower-bandwidth MobileReaders.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thank you.

I used some of the stitch with along the width where I turned in the material so I had a nice smooth bottom and top edge. Then I just placed some here and there and ironed it so it would stay enough in place. The rest as far as the foldover on the back and front cover, I actually just hand stitched it. Did the back first, and I didn't make it as neat with a folded edge as the front, the material edge is raw but who was going to see it, so I stitched to make the pocket so the cover would slide in. Put that on and then I actually stitched the front on with it on the cover, LOL..... now it might be hard to get out of there, ha ha without destroying it... but for now that is not my problem.

I may be able to fix the pictures..... I can resize and them send them back up where they reside so they are not quite as big, but I don't want them tiny either.

I should have just linked them. But I will see if I can correct the above.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Okay I cleared my cache, the pictures are now smaller.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
... now it might be hard to get out of there, ha ha without destroying it... but for now that is not my problem.
Nah, just fold the 'hard' cover all the way back and your 'fashion slip' should just slide right off.

You ought to be able to edit your post and attach the pix directly, if you want to do that, then they'll show up as clickable thumbnails (like in CCDMan's MEdge post) for those who want a detailed look. But you should do whatever you like best, they're really not hurting anything the way they are.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Okay well I made them half the size they were, I think the way they are should be acceptable.

Yep probably can slip it out, might have to do a little bending but I am sure it will come off. Probably easier to remove the back first since it's pocket slip thing isn't as long as the front was.

Either way, until that leather Jacket in red is available, this will work for me. Of course the magnets don't want to pull it down but........... ha ha, always something.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
It's very nice Karen, what a great idea!
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's great, Karen - very striking! This could be a whole new business opportunity .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Nice Karen! How much time is involved?
That butterfly theme came back, how special is it to you? I love their inaccessibility, and the wait over a long winter to see them again. I made this CD storage coffee table a while back. I couldn't get myself to sell it and it's still in my livingroom so I can look at it every day.
My wife gets angry at me sometimes because I won't kill larvae in her garden, just to see what kind of butterfly will come out.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thank you Lin....... Thank you Harry. No I don't see this as any business opportunity for me, I can't stand sewing and doing things like this, LOL... It probably took about an hour or less for me to make since I had what I needed here at the house.

Now yvanleTerrible <--- you are not terrible Butterfiles really have no meaning to me although now I see why you ask, my icon is one too, but it just was something that caught my eye, bright colors and such, flashy <G>...... as far as the material with butterflies, I had wanted to make my drape stuff back here in greens and well at the time, that just struck my fancy.... But yes, butterflies are pretty but I don't collect them or anything like that. Not really, have lots of pictures but I don't collect them, LMAO....... well maybe I do

Crazy mixed up gal.............. oh look ---->
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Karen,
it sure will make it easier to find when you lay it down somewhere. I lose mine a couple time a week. Wish I had a beeper on it.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Karen,
It sure will make it easier to find when you lay it down somewhere. I lose mine a couple time a week. Wish I had a beeper on it.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #14
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda
Karen,
it sure will make it easier to find when you lay it down somewhere. I lose mine a couple time a week. Wish I had a beeper on it.
you are probably right. But It lays down in two places. 1) back here when not reading it on the dog crate and 2) in the living room on the table near the couch when I am reading it If that be the case and someone misplaces one easy and want to make one of these things, perhaps a bright yellow or flourescent color...... <G> I hear you on the beeper.... would be nice to have something built into it and if you misplaced in the house you go to your computer and send a signal and that puppy beeps away for a bit.......... ha ha..I have had things which I wished beeped when they were misplaced as in hubby losing his keys
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda
Karen,
Or a better pair of glasses!

@Karen.

Le Terrible in French has a secondary meaning ;mischievous. No doubt most of you found that out by my particular sense of humor. I can't help it, I see a door opened, I have to peek in. And if someone inside is at a disadvantage, I have to yell it out loud. No false modesty can survive it. Around me you have to be yourself and assume it, I respect that.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote