Iznogold began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1 wifi
Any good sites

with good replacement screens?
Iznogold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I don't belivet hat you can replace the screen on a kindle, instead you need to repalce the entire kindle for that. Hopefuly someone will be along shortly that knows more than I about the matter.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogold View Post
with good replacement screens?
screens are as expensive as the Kindle itself. However, you may find a bricked Kindle to use its screen (on ebay, etc)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Even if your Kindle has a broken screen and is out of warranty, Kindle CS will generally offer you a good deal on a replacement device, and may even replace it free of charge. It's always worth contacting them to see what they say.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Iznogold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Even if your Kindle has a broken screen and is out of warranty, Kindle CS will generally offer you a good deal on a replacement device, and may even replace it free of charge. It's always worth contacting them to see what they say.
well look..
I opened the kindle out of my utter stupidity and I broke it..
I mean come on.. I cant say "hello, I broke kindle now I want you to give me another one free.". I have to find a repllacement. I have found some sites with replacements of 70dollars.
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
well look..
I mean come on.. I cant say "hello, I broke kindle now I want you to give me another one free.". I have to find a repllacement. I have found some sites with replacements of 70dollars.
I can only repeat - try Kindle CS. You may be pleasantly surprised what they will do. People have done much sillier things than you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
well look..
That's what people are saying. $70 for a new screen or depending on what model you have $79, $99 or whatever for a brand new unit. Buy a new one and then list the broken one on EBAY for sale for parts and you'll probably about break even.

But I'd also recommend calling Amazon first and see what kind of offer they'll make. Nobody is recommending you tell them anything but the truth "I broke my Kindle" but they've replaced Kindles for all kinds of reasons or offered discounted replacements. It is definitely worth a try.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Iznogold

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
That's what people are saying. $70 for a new screen or depending on what model you have $79, $99 or whatever for a brand new unit. Buy a new one and then list the broken one on EBAY for sale for parts and you'll probably about break even.

But I'd also recommend calling Amazon first and see what kind of offer they'll make. Nobody is recommending you tell them anything but the truth "I broke my Kindle" but they've replaced Kindles for all kinds of reasons or offered discounted replacements. It is definitely worth a try.
yes but they ask you to send them the kindle with the reason it doesnt work. when they see I opened it and fucked it up they wont want to refund me.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
You don't know that until you call them and ASK. Just tell CS on the phone what happened. The Kindle fell onto the floor and the back cracked open and then I was trying to fix it and I opened it up more."

If they say no, then they say no. They might say no, they might offer you a reduced price, you might hit the jackpot and they replace it. There's been all kinds of stories on here of Amazon going far beyond their warranty obligations.

Harry can only repeat it so many times, but they can't say anything if you won't call them.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote