Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Touch screen highlight problems?

Has anyone else noticed on the Sony 900 that sometimes the ability to highlight text and add notes fails for some documents when the font size is set to anything above small? I am note speaking of the problem for PDFs noted in the the manual for the device, but for EPUB books downloaded from this site. The truth is that I have only encountered it for one book so far–Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan: Sherlock Holmes Omnibus v1 22 may 2009–downloaded from this site, but then I've only had the Daily Edition for about two weeks. However, for this book double tapping the page to highlight a word or place a bookmark almost always fails if the font is set above small. And when it works to call up the options box even after clicking highlight and closing the box the word is not highlighted.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I haven't encountered this problem (yet). Just tried it again with an ePub, medium and large fonts, was able to highlight, bookmark, and add note. Perhaps it just that particular book with the issue.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

So I noticed the problem with quite a few ebook files and I was about to call Sony to request authorization to send back what I thought must be a defective unit. Consulting the manual I found resetting the reader as a suggestion for many problems. So I tried that and it seems to have done the trick for now.

There is an annoying problem that remains though. Links within the text do not seem to work. I am speaking of, for example, ebooks from this site where superscript numbers for footnote citations in the text are hyperlinks to a page of footnotes. Pressing the superscript numbers does not seem to do anything. Anyone else noticed this for the 900? If it is a problem it will effect how I put together the epub file I am working on now.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm presently reading an ePub with footnotes. I've selected many of them and they worked fine. I was able to return to where I was reading using Options / History.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote