Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #46
renehasekamp
renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.renehasekamp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I use an Eee pad Transformer TF101 and a Nexus 7.
So, .... Which file will work and how to install it?
Sorry to ask this as a layperson, but I can't follow this discussion!
renehasekamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #47
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
Hi there, use the zip file from the first post, and to install, just unzip, put the resulting folder onto your Compact Flash card, and then go to that directory on your iliad, and it'll install, and hopefully, work!

In the last little while I've managed to port most of FBReader to a native install, so that we don't need xepdmgr anymore, a ways to go yet, as the menus are a bit tricky, but the page turn is a little faster.
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #48
tigertooth4
tigertooth4 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad 1st ed.
Hi, the card installation is great! But here is still a problem :

I have no CF card, instead I use the mmc card. Just following pwarren's post,
it will not create Programs/ folder into /media/card/ (which is the mmc card
directory) as I expect. The Programs/ folder improperly goes to /media/cf/.
Need a fix?

PS: I can launch fbreader from /media/cf/Programs/. But I think the installer
should make Programs/ directory in the right place...
tigertooth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #49
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

The silly thing about FBReader is that it hard codes the paths to certain things in it's binaries, so that if you tell it to install in /media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7, that's then the only place it will run correctly from.

Once I've sorted out my problems with running native code updates alongside xepdmgr updates, I'll make a builds for installing to:
/media/cf/Programs
/media/mmc/Programs
/usr
Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #50
Samitakamaki
Samitakamaki began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Any progress on the registry installer? I would love for this app to work natively with the contentlister.
Samitakamaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 07:30 AM   #51
pwarren
Connoisseur

I used the previously available registry installer, changing the relevant executable line. Once I've figured out my current issues (xepdmgr making page turns flash twice vs unusable menus), I'll get it all done properly, including registry installer etc.
But, it may be some time, my 11 week old son is taking up most of my brainspace and time outside of work these days
Old 09-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #52
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
xepdmgr making page turns flash twice...
I don't think the problem is caused by xepdmgr. I had the same problem (using my patched FBReader 0.10.7 with xepdmgr), too. But it just disappeared. I guess I must altered some setting of FBReader.

Last edited by ericshliao; 09-25-2009 at 03:15 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #53
pwarren
Connoisseur

The 2 flicker thing seems to not happen in fullscreen mode, and there's an icon on the menu bar that changes state when you press the 'next page' button, so I think what's happening is that fbreader updates the page widget, then the menubar icon, which normally is caught by the timings of xepdmgr to only appear as one update. When updating the page widget via another method, and re-enable xepdmgr, xepdmgr catches the menubar icon update and does a fullscreen refresh.

I hope to be able to do some more work on this, but it seems unlikely at this stage, life is getting busy and FBReader works well enough for me on my iliad.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #54
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
The 2 flicker thing seems to not happen in fullscreen mode, and there's an icon on the menu bar that changes state when you press the 'next page' button...
The above description is quite similiar with what I encountered in djview4. The problem as I percieved is that when I tap a icon on toolbar, it will generate two update requests, the first one is updating the toolbar icon, the second is updating the page content. I solved it by modifying djview4 queue update request for 400ms, instead of real time update.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
which version

Which Iliad FBReader version is now the newest. I've tried this one and it has no preference section with the size of the fonts ... is there FBReader support for the Iliad left anyway?

Also it doesn't work on usb stick.

Last edited by joblack; 12-13-2009 at 12:47 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #56
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
Any luck with porting the latest 0.12.1 version to the iliad.
tovarish
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #57
nsaraf
nsaraf began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
FBReader

Hello,

I am a newbie and would immeasurably benefit from your advice.

I have recently upgraded to v2.12 firmware on my iliad and have been fiddling quite a bit with it. I have miraculously managed to get "shell access", use the file manager, a couple of games and so on. These are super terrific!!! Thanks to all those who have made is available -- very much appreciate it.

My most urgent need is to be able to underline or highlight text in pdf files sitting on CF card and then save those. But I think I have a basic misunderstanding of the installation procedures of pdf and other readers.

I would be very very grateful for any form of advice!!!!

1) What does the last among the below set of instructions mean? "Run FBReader from the Programs directory on your CF card". I have no Programs directory on my CF card. Do I create one?

So, to install.
* Download the attached fbreaderinst-0.10.7-07.zip file
* unzip it, and copy the fbreaderinst-0.10.7 directory to your CF card
* load up the CF card in your iliad, and click on the Install FBReader Standalone item.
* Run FBReader from the Programs directory on your CF card.

2) I have a problem with Beaver as well. When I open the file "fluxbox_....png" I do see a screen with some type of "c" program in it and a Table of Contents in the background. I can scribble on it but when I exit the Beaver, nothing is saved. Am I not supposed to see a blank screen on which to scribble or type text.?

3) I also tried to install abiword but I recall it is available only for v2.11 firmware. So I suppose that even if I have copied it it to my CF, I will not be able to install it? Am I correct?

Thanks very much,
nsaraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #58
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
I installed fbreader some days ago and its running from usb stick. But I noticed that it was creating CF/programs also there is no CF card inserted. How can I get rid of this fake CF card?
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #59
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
I installed fbreader some days ago and its running from usb stick. But I noticed that it was creating CF/programs also there is no CF card inserted. How can I get rid of this fake CF card?
I tried this some time ago with an SD card but it didn't work.
If I remember it only works installing on a CF card as it has some hardcoded dependencies on the scripts and maybe code.
Maybe it's a similar problem.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #60
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I tried this some time ago with an SD card but it didn't work.
If I remember it only works installing on a CF card as it has some hardcoded dependencies on the scripts and maybe code.
Maybe it's a similar problem.
Actually I'm not sure if this fake CF card was created by fbreader or by the toolbox. But I think it was the fbreader, I guess it mounted another place as CF card and now I'm having a fake CF card. Unfortunately my 8 GB CF card doesn't work with the iLiad, but I will buy the next days another one to check if its possible to access a "real" CF card or not. And if I find some time I will try to find out how this fake CF card is mounted or was created. But I'm in Asia until April and I don't want to brick my device because its a bit difficult to send it to service. Because if another CF card is not accepted by the reader because of this fake CF then I can not reflash and unbrick it
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader, iliad, installer