Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you name your Kindle device?
Yes, I like to think up something unique. 28 62.22%
No, I just leave it as it is. 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I just leave it as my name's Kindle.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
My kindles are named with rather descriptive names like Becca's K3, Chris' Kindle, David's kindle. I'm going to have to break that with my Paperwhite, though, because I want it to come up first on the list of devices to download to. I'm thinking of Alexandria, except rather than the library by that name, I think of the rather risque song.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #33
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
The Northern Light..........for all the colorful hues the screen produces.

I like it!!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #34
rdwilliamson
rdwilliamson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Never thought of naming my kindle.

With all the clever names here I am going to come up with one for mine.
rdwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #35
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I don't know, Nanny Ogg is pretty cool too! It would be a toss up for me.
I love them both!
I love Nanny Ogg to, she is an absolute scream - but Granny Weatherwax's attitude is hard to beat
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #36
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Mine are:
  1. !<My Name>'s Paperwhite
  2. <GF's Name>'s Kindle
  3. <Daughter's Name>'s Kindle
  4. <Son's Name>'s Kindle
  5. <My Name>'s DX
  6. <My Name>'s iPhone
  7. <My Name>'s iPad

Really creative, I know. :-) Notice the ! in front of my Paperwhite's name. That's because Amazon's default send-to device is the first one in the list, alphabetically. The ! sorts prior to any letters so my Paperwhite is always the default, which is the one that receives the most content.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #37
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Bob's Library
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #38
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
I have four Kindles and use Send To Kindle, so my books are sent to Tigana, Lorien, Almaren and Valinor
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #39
aisushi
aisushi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My Kindle is called Therilion, named after my main elf character. I see them as having the same characteristics. XD
aisushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #40
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My kindles are named with rather descriptive names like Becca's K3, Chris' Kindle, David's kindle. I'm going to have to break that with my Paperwhite, though, because I want it to come up first on the list of devices to download to. I'm thinking of Alexandria, except rather than the library by that name, I think of the rather risque song.
In order to make mine appear first on the list, I actually named mine *schneeweisschen*. The asteriks make it appear first on the list and it looks pretty - as far as pretty goes in the device drop-down.

Love the Alexandria reference! The Egyptian one.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote