Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Where does the Reader App store the library file?

Hi,
Does somebody know where the annotations for the Reader app are stored?

Reader Library used to have one kLibrary.xdb file which held all the annotations etc. in /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation/Reader/Database.
I seem to be unable to locate the same file for the new Reader app on my Mac.
I double checked ... even on the command line using ls -A (the unix/linux command which shows even hidden files) I cannot see any files neither in ReaderDesktop nor in ReaderDesktop/ticket.
Note: I do have both apps installed but I am only using the Reader app. The old Reader Library app kLibrary.xdb is definitely not used by the Reader app.

Thanks,
Diddy
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
on the device, if rooted you can access

notes and apparently svg-drawings? here:
/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/media/notepads/
also some SQlite .db files here:
/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/

external microSD holds sqlite databases as well, access on reader::
/mnt/extsd/Sony_Reader/database/notepads.db

I can:t find it right now, but i think i saw once that my marked up text and annotations went somewhere into those .dbs.

EDIT found it:
see mobileread wiki, and this firefox addon really is pretty good.

I did search for your library file but couldn't find any.

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by schorsch-lukas View Post
on the device, if rooted you can access

notes and apparently svg-drawings? here:
/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/media/notepads/
also some SQlite .db files here:
/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/
You don't need to be rooted to access those. And the OP is more asking about the desktop app.

Sounds like you are on OS X? If so, the DB is now here:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Sony Corporation/ReaderDesktop/ReaderDesktopLibrary.db
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote