Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #931
Fourier
Fourier began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the new updated software.

I have just one question. I have tried to follow the instructions given by Booxtor, but I am not able to read a document in a two-column format. I have tried all the possible combinations and with the keys > and < I always move toe the next and the previous pages. The viewport never goes through the columns of the document.

Regards.
Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #932
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I guess that if < > moves you to the next/prev page then your view port is equal or bigger than page size. Then there is no reason (and no way) to pan the columns of page.

If you want to have a benefit of multi-column feature, you must zoom in so that viewport shows only part of the page.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #933
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
... but I am not able to read a document in a two-column format....

Regards.
My observation: When you use the reader in the landscape mode and zoom OUT with ebub files you get automatically two columns.
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #934
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the new updated software.

I have just one question. I have tried to follow the instructions given by Booxtor, but I am not able to read a document in a two-column format. I have tried all the possible combinations and with the keys > and < I always move toe the next and the previous pages. The viewport never goes through the columns of the document.

Regards.
Hi,
Just confirm the paper mode.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #935
danya2
danya2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60, Onyx Boox M92
Onyx Boox M92 - firmware 1.8 20121101 issues

Hi everybody!
I'm an italian reader and this is my first post in this forum. I have bought my device, Onyx Boox M92, from Booxtor's store and first of all, I want to say thank you very much to him for his efforts to improve firmware functionality.
I read your posts from a while but now i decided to contribute with my reader experience.
I found some issues that are not been mentioned before, concerning new pdf reader with firmware 1.8 20121101, I'm going to explain it:

- With "annotation bar" mode, after select/enable sketch function, page-up and page-down function don't work and you have to tap the "free hand" icon on the bar to make that possible... moreover you must do the same thing on every page change.. very annoying! But also when in "free hand" mode" internal links in the document aren't detected and doesn't work anymore.

- After you have underlined and/or sketched your document ( you don't have any chance to change pen tip size) you MUST close your document regulary before power off the device from power button otherwise you LOSE all document's modifications... the same if it going in auto-shutdown mode (olds firmware doesn't have this issue)... very dangerous!

I hope this issues can be addressed asap.Thank you.

But now, a little help, I'm not been able to find any updated and good "english to italian" dictionary compatible with the stardict version of the reader, if anyone know where I can find it, even where to buy a commercial version, this will be very appreciated.

Last edited by danya2; 11-05-2012 at 08:52 AM.
danya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #936
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danya2 View Post
Hi everybody!
I'm an italian reader and this is my first post in this forum. I have bought my device, Onyx Boox M92, from Booxtor's store and first of all, I want to say thank you very much to him for his efforts to improve firmware functionality.
I read your posts from a while but now i decided to contribute with my reader experience.
I found some issues that are not been mentioned before, concerning new pdf reader with firmware 1.8 20121101, I'm going to explain it: ....
Hi, welcome aboard!
Thanks a lot for pointing to those issues. It will be fixed very soon.

Did you try this dictionary?

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #937
danya2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi, welcome aboard!
Thanks a lot for pointing to those issues. It will be fixed very soon.

Did you try this dictionary?
No I didn't. I try it and I'll reply.Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #938
danya2

Some precisions on issues exposed

Quote:
- With "annotation bar" mode, after select/enable sketch function, page-up and page-down function don't work and you have to tap the "free hand" icon on the bar to make that possible... moreover you must do the same thing on every page change.. very annoying!
Only with some PDF documents (original bought books)

Quote:
- After you have underlined and/or sketched your document ( you don't have any chance to change pen tip size) you MUST close your document regulary before power off the device from power button otherwise you LOSE all document's modifications... the same if it going in auto-shutdown mode (olds firmware doesn't have this issue)... very dangerous!
When "Startup Setting" is set on "start at home screen" mode in some pdf and no matter what the setting is in others pdf.

@Booxtor
I tryed your dict and it work for me, even if it's very simple and it doesn't have too much definitions. I'll try to find one more detailed.Thanks anyway.

Last edited by danya2; 11-06-2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: correction
Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #939
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Two more problems I discovered... One is clearly a bug, the other may be a nutty feature

1. In certain documents, combination of higher zoom levels (ie 200%) and auto-crop results in blank page... Can't post the file (copyrighted), but here's the link - if you belong to the lucky few with access to Springer journals, you can test it.

2. Whenever I use auto-crop, viewing mode is switched to paper mode... Why cant be auto-crop used in page mode?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #940
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Two more problems I discovered... One is clearly a bug, the other may be a nutty feature

1. In certain documents, combination of higher zoom levels (ie 200%) and auto-crop results in blank page... Can't post the file (copyrighted), but here's the link - if you belong to the lucky few with access to Springer journals, you can test it.
It is a known issue (similar to issue with archive.org pdfs). It has to do with insufficient memory of the screen. We are trying to find a solution, but it seem to be difficult one.

Quote:
2. Whenever I use auto-crop, viewing mode is switched to paper mode... Why cant be auto-crop used in page mode?
In page mode we actually have always either comic or paper mode. So if you just need to turn page and automatic crop of margins does not work for your document in a wanted way, you can use either manual margins settings or adjust a little bit the viewport with zooming tools (-). We are trying to prepare a new functionality of direction keys (joystick). we want to allow users to change functionality of direction keys quickly via settings (zooming, pan, or page turn).
If it works you can always go to the next page using joystick, even if the regular page turn buttons would just move the viewport within of the current page.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #941
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
I have this case, sometimes, with big zoom level, but if I change the page, it's OK.

@Booxtor, for me the new firmware is a good firmware, the device is very useful. The new configuration of the joystick is not a problem, it's only annoying with the cover opened : the '>' and '<' buttons are tiresome to reach.

a BIG THANKS ! for your help and support.

I don't forget the developers. They have made a good job.

Just 2 wishs for the new PDF reader. Some EPUB files are difficult to read with FBreader or Coolreader, I use de PDF reader. PDF reader could be a good reader of EPUB, I wish to set :
  1. the margins width
  2. the font, if possible

Some wishes for the next firmware. Thanks Booxtor

Last edited by Randy11; 11-07-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #942
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:

Hi janek. I envoy you because you have no graphics in your documents (concerning the annotation problems)
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #943
spaetz
Enthusiast
spaetz began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92, formerly iRex DR1000 (broke just as they went bankrupt)
Hi all, just changed from the old 1.6 to the new 1.8 firmware. And WOW, this is a nice upgade. Perhaps, it is only because I did not use the onyx for quite some time now, but it feels faster in building up the screen. I do like the new pdf reader, although I still have to use it somewhat more to judge it really. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you, the new firmware has made my onyx much more useful to me.

Am I the only one who thinks that the screen feels faster and less "flashy" when building up? Does the file explorer have a little updated UI too? Looks more polished (even though it's only details).
spaetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #944
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaetz View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the screen feels faster and less "flashy" when building up?
I have the same feeling.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #945
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I agree with spaetz and also in general I'm really impressed. Thanks for the good work!

But I had some difficulties understanding the new zoom/crop/mode options in the new pdf reader. Especially "auto crop" sometimes results in random horizontal dashed lines (known issue? I'll try to make a screenshot as soon as possible). And after cropping, the content is not centered, but aligned to the left, which is kind of awkward... I'd love to have the old "crop margins" setting back, since the new one doesn't seem to work out as smoothly.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote