Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
linux app won't synch with reader

Greetings
I have been using the kobo desktop app for linux and I'm pleased with it. this pleasure led of to purchase a kobo reader. Unfortunately the app won't synch. It tells me I need to upgrade the app. Is this because my reader has the Borders branding? I have on desire to start a new account with borders. I want to synch my previously purchased kobo books. There is no linux app for borders as far as I know. I will not be pleased if I can't synch via linux. I do not want to use calibre. I want a total kobo experience. Any help will be appreciated.
Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Luqman - Can you find out which device software version you are running? I thought no-one was getting the version 1.4 software until today. The other possibility is that the Borders branded Kobo are somehow different from the Canadian ones, and that the Linux software was set up for the Canadian Kobos only. Can you use sqlite3 to investigate your database? - Perhaps it is different from the original which has got some documentation in other threads. Why don't you send a PM to SameerH about using the Linux app with a Borders Kobo...

You don't need to use calibre to load DRM-free epub files; drag and drop works just fine. But if you want to buy from the store, you will need the desktop app, AFAIK. I just don't know if you need a different linux app for each store - certainly the Windows and Mac apps are different in some undefined ways for each store.

It sounds like one more case of 'Geographical Restrictions' - what a PITA!

Last edited by pholy; 07-01-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Added note to PM SameerH
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert