Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #46
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
^ Except for I just checked and a number of the books I wanted to get are no longer listed. Hopefully that is a temporary thing with this new Agency model being put into place.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #47
katewilly
Enthusiast
katewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavens

Device: sony 700, iTouch, iPhone, nook, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by causticmuse View Post
Log into your FW account, then click on your Bookshelf link. There will be a box on the left side of the screen that tells you when your Buywise club membership expires.
I didn't see a date. Oh well, I have a big wish list, so I'm going through it now. Oddly enough some books that were on there are no longer there.
katewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not odd. It seems that FW is revamping for tomorrow. So books from the 5 publishers affected are offline until tomorrow. At least I hope it's just untill tomorrow.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #49
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I just looked at my wishlist which has collapsed to a few titles. The prices have gone up on titles I was waiting to purchase. Many of the titles I previously purchased are no longer listed for sale. What a bummer.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I just looked at my wishlist which has collapsed to a few titles.
My wishlist has dropped from 108 to 30. Which is annoying - I hope fictionwise still has the data and is just not displaying it, as I don't have any other record of the books that were on my wishlist.

I notice that lots of books have disappeared from fictionwise. For example - all the Agatha Christie books (except a few in US public domain) have disappeared. I'm very glad now that I bought them when I did, when they were on 75% discount.

I don't have much micropay in my account at the moment, but I do have club membership until 2017. I liked fictionwise, and I hope I can continue to buy there.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #51
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
I had 25 items on my wish list at FW earlier today and suddenly now I have 12.

I think this is because authors/publishers have been dropped today.

I'm all freaking out: I have over $550 in micropay to use. I hope the selection doesn't dwindle to nothing!
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #52
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My wishlist has dropped from 108 to 30. Which is annoying - I hope fictionwise still has the data and is just not displaying it, as I don't have any other record of the books that were on my wishlist.
Fictionwise's data is... spotty at times; there's some books that they have 2 or 3 records of. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the agency titles are being listed as "new" titles, meaning that they won't reappear in your wish list.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #53
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Wow. I had 5 books in my cart...3 are gone. I had 3 or maybe 4 pages of wish list. I know have 2 pages. Among the missing...J.D. Robb....I had more than a few on my wish list...now gone. Also missing...Howard Zinn's People's History of the US...gone from my cart. Another was Kerrelyn Sparks.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #54
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I just checked FW revised prices now with the Sony Ereader store. A title I wanted is now $10.50 at Sony, but on FW, with my club discount, it is $12.71. I can't even express how enraged I am that I purchased a 4 year membership to get a discount but have to pay 20% more than I would from a normal online retailer. Maybe we need to find a Class Action law firm to take this on a contingency. I suspect that there were misrepresentations made in inducing members to join FW in order to gain benefits that have now evaporated.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #55
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I just checked FW revised prices now with the Sony Ereader store. A title I wanted is now $10.50 at Sony, but on FW, with my club discount, it is $12.71. I can't even express how enraged I am that I purchased a 4 year membership to get a discount but have to pay 20% more than I would from a normal online retailer.
Wait until tomorrow - Sony's price should be going up.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #56
FireFeather
FireFeather began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim / Apple iPhone
Dropping the entire BuyWise club seems really drastic to handle something like this... Why not just not allow it's use on these new fixed price titles? (Fixed price used mildly facetiously; it's not my intention to start a price fixing argument here.) Surely they can still offer a program that's done well for both company and consumer in the past without the titles in question?

Last edited by FireFeather; 03-31-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo, sorry!
FireFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #57
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My Fictionwise membership is up in 2019, the last time they had a 100% rebate on memberships I bought 5 more years. I'll wait until the dust settles but it looks like Agency Modeling is going to be the end of many ebook sellers.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #58
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I emailed Fictionwise and the response I got back was that yes the 15% would still be available but that not all the content partners would have books available through Fictionwise anymore. I will still be pressing for my pro rated refund.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #59
katewilly
Enthusiast
katewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavens

Device: sony 700, iTouch, iPhone, nook, iPad 2
Even though the books I'm buying with Micropay are more expensive than buying elsewhere with other dollars...I'll use up my MP and then be done with it.
katewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #60
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
I emailed Fictionwise and the response I got back was that yes the 15% would still be available but that not all the content partners would have books available through Fictionwise anymore. I will still be pressing for my pro rated refund.
I wonder if this means that FW is handling agency pricing by just not selling books from those publishers. In other words, those items missing from our wishlists may never come back.
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote