Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
flhden
flhden
flhden began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300, Kindle 3 wi fi, Kindle Fire
Invalid error type on mac

My first post so please excuse my ignorance. Received a sony PRS300 for xmas and I had already installed ADE and the e-reader library. Opened the reader and authorized it in the e-store downloaded the new 3.1 software update and all was well. Purchased and read 2 books from the store then dl 2 e-pub books from the public library. First dl synced fine. When trying to sync 2nd book the library software shows an "Invalid Type" error message and now the launcher disc icon shows up on the desktop every time I plug it in also. Spent 4 hrs on the phone with sony monday. 3 tech levels including log me i23 to view my screen and no luck. They tried hard reset, re format memory re authorize reader all to no avail. They said they would have to speak to upper level and get back to me within 24 hrs, but never called back. Tried deleting library books from the software also btw. I have been able to manually load books to reader but thats a real pain. Intel imac v10.6.2. Sure hope apple comes out with their own reader soon as their software always works. Sorry for the rant but I am ready to go back to real books again soon. Sony knows crap about their own software. Any idea on this one, and how I can stop the launcher from showing up every time I plug in the reader also.
Thanks Den
flhden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
on hold to tier 2 because of Mac

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I too have a Mac running Leopard with a Adobe ID authentication failure issue. Unfortunately, I'm on hold as I type this because the initial intake was not familiar with Macs.
Hopefully with more Mac user issues, Sony's knowledge base can be updated to resolve these issues.
Best of luck
huari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
flhden
flhden
flhden began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300, Kindle 3 wi fi, Kindle Fire
Thanks for your reply: I hope you have better luck with sony support than I did. Please let me know if you find a solution.
flhden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
try Sony again at less busy time

I was able to resolve my issue but it took a while on hold with Sony; I'm guessing because I called near the new year break. I'm not sure if Snow Leopard is a factor because I only have Leopard but in my case the issue was not Mac related and I read from another thread that ADE for Mac doesn't work (i think from jim?) anyway check the MobileRead Troubleshooting section for the thread.

I really hopes it works out for you.
huari is offline   Reply With Quote