Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
MShroff
MShroff began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Convert epub to HTML

I have an eBookwise 1150 - it is my best friend I normaly opt for the HTML format when buying books because I can go to WORD and then format it the way I like to read it.

My question is How does one turn the epub into HTML format? I read somewhere to go and change the ending into zip and then open it. But that way it does not come up in one book like other HTMLs but rather in seperate chapters to be opened seperately. That is too time consuming.

Can anyone help with the conversion?

Thank u
MS
Canada
MShroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There may be a direct to 1150 way, either now or when Calibre 6.0 is released, but I don't know anything about 1150 conversion. For HTML, what I would do is (command line Calibre) any2mobi and then mobi2oeb. The MOBI HTML is very basic and may contain a few MOBI extensions, but it is always single-file HTML.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Another point is to just use the latest ebook Publisher from eBook Technologies. It will read ePUB already and can be used to produce your book. eBook Publisher has always supported multiple html files for eBook creation. If you insist on needing a single file then Wallcraft has the best idea.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
j03gri110
j03gri110 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Convert epub to eBookwise format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an eBookwise 1150 - I bought it for my wife as she is an avid reader. We had purchased books in ePUB format and were wondering what would be a fairly simple method to convert ePUB to a format that eBookwise reader can use. We also have the eBookwise Librarian.

Can anyone help with the conversion?

Thank in advance

JGG
New Mexico, USA
j03gri110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use Calibre to convert to Mobipocket and then use Mobi2IMP to convert to IMP format.

Mobi2imp
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Another approach is to use eBook Publisher. Expand the epub file (It is a zip file) and the pieces can be read by eBook Publisher. It may even be possible to import ePUB directly to eBook Publisher as it recognizes it as a archive format in the latest version downloadable from their web site.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
jric
jric began at the beginning.

Device: none
convert epub to html

I wrote a quick perl script to do the conversion so you can easily navigate your epub document:

https://github.com/jric/epubtohtml
jric is offline   Reply With Quote