Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
GNU MAC Changer

The GNU `macchanger' utility helps to view and manipulate the MAC
address of network interfaces.

Why a MAC Changer?
Changing iLiad's MAC address is easier than setting iLiad's hardware MAC on the white list of your friend's WLAN router.

Installation copies all needed files to iLiad's main memory -> usage in any shell script possible.
Changing MAC with iLiad's tagging tool is included. Maybe a bit itchy.
Rebooting iLiad sets the default MAC back.

Code:
GNU MAC Changer
Usage: macchanger [options] device

-h,  --help                   Print this help
  -V,  --version                Print version and exit
  -s,  --show                   Print the MAC address and exit
  -e,  --endding                Don't change the vendor bytes
  -a,  --another                Set random vendor MAC of the same kind
  -A                            Set random vendor MAC of any kind
  -r,  --random                 Set fully random MAC
  -l,  --list[=keyword]         Print known vendors
  -m,  --mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX  Set the MAC XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
http://www.alobbs.com/macchanger/
http://directory.fsf.org/project/macchanger/
Attached Files
File Type: zip MAC_Changer_beta.zip (114.4 KB, 512 views)
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Thanks yokos for this application. What's the advantage compared to a simple
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Is there any difference?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
Thanks yokos for this application. What's the advantage compared to a simple
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Is there any difference?
Yepp, I have known this command, but never used it even on my desktop.
gnu mac changer has got ifconfig's "Set specific MAC address of a network interface" plus these ones:
# Set the MAC randomly
# Set a MAC of another vendor
# Set another MAC of the same vendor
# Set a MAC of the same kind (eg: wireless card)
# Display a vendor MAC list (today, 6800 items) to choose from
[as explained in gnumacchanger --help]
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks, I will give it a try. Now we only need aircrack-ng and packet injection
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
tobyforever
iliad beginner
tobyforever began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
How can I change the MAC of iliad's wired ethernet interface card? seems only wlan0 is available in ifconfig, which is the wireless card.
can anyone help me?
tobyforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
-Thomas-
Addict

The ethernet interface is eth0 which is available after the corresponding module (modprobe smc91x) has been loaded.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 AM   #7
tobyforever
iliad beginner

Quote:
The ethernet interface is eth0 which is available after the corresponding module (modprobe smc91x) has been loaded.
ThX! I am new to the linux stuff but I got connected successfully after your hint.(My static IP is binded with MAC so I have to change the MAC manually)

just for those linux rookies like me, this is what I did:

#modprobe smc91x
#ifconfig eth0 down
#ifconfig eth0 hw ether XXXXXXXXXX(MAC)
#lsmod
(if smc91x is not loaded then:
#modprobe smc91x
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
-Thomas-
Addict

Nice that you figured it out. Do you need it for your cable provider?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
tobyforever
iliad beginner

Quote:
Nice that you figured it out. Do you need it for your cable provider?
sorry but I don't quite understand..I am now an undergraduate and it is the school's regulation that every student's static IP is binded with his MAC in order to get access to the network.
I've been working on the iliad these two days and just learned how to setup swap file for the iliad...it is really an educational device : )
due to lack of knowledge about networking I haven't figured out how to use SSH to log on my iliad remotely in my dorm, so I have to endure the slow mrvxt response before that.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:38 AM   #10
-Thomas-
Addict

Ah ok, just wondering why you had to change your Mac. Nothing to worry about... Have fun with your device!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
kosmarnik
kosmarnik began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro 2, HP Tx2000 tablet
Quote:
Thanks, I will give it a try. Now we only need aircrack-ng and packet injection
Now that would be fun. I'd look much less crazy than with a 2kg tablet PC (and way way less crazy than with a regular laptop )

What about just running Kismet?
kosmarnik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad mac