Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Post USB Connection Problems

I received my Iliad three days ago and it has worked fine until today. Since this morning I have had trouble getting it to connect to my Mac via USB, in other words the 'connected to your PC' screen' does not come up.

It works intermittently and doesn't seem to be related to anything. I have changed USB cables, rebooted the Iliad,used several different USB ports, removed MMC card, all to no avail.

Tonight it briefly shows the 'connected to your PC screen' when I shut it down. It shows just before the 'your Iliad is shutting down' screen appears.

I've ordered a new travel hub as well as a first gen travel hub.

Anybody had this problem and know a fix? It seems if I leave it alone and come back it will work----sometimes.

When it IS connected I have no problem with file transfer, speed, etc. It just won't go into USB mode expect on rare occasions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kingston; 03-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There is a new "feature" of the 2.12 firmware:
Quote:
Disallow USB connection when not in Content Lister: To prevent problems with sporadic disk corruption, the USB connection now only works when the system is in the Content Lister view.
I'm not sure this is your problem, but only connect when in the Content Lister.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There is a new "feature" of the 2.12 firmware: I'm not sure this is your problem, but only connect when in the Content Lister.
Thanks I believe you are correct. I had stumbled upon the solution myself not long after posting my first post. I was trying to USB connect while in the middle of a book.

Exiting the book by pushing the Device Manager button caused the 'connecting to PC' screen to appear and the device to appear on my Mac Finder screen as an extra hard drive, just like the Kindle.

With the Kindle you can USB connect from the middle of a book, document, Content Manager or anywhere.

Thanks for the advice. I hope this thread helps another Iliad newbie in the future.

The 'new feature' of the firmware update is not described in the User Manual, leading to my confustion.

Last edited by Kingston; 03-17-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
For reference, I should have included a link to the thread iRex iLiad Firmware 2.12 released, although none of the other changes strike me as likely to cause problems.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote