Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Question Will Sudoku by obelix (SONY-PRS) run on the Cybook or the Kindle?

Hi!
I'm planning to do an application that uses obelix's JavaScript (autorun.js) example for a game on SONY-PRS devices as starting point.
Beforehands I'd like to see if applications will be running on other platforms, too.

I'd be very thankful if a developer would test Gen3's compatibility by unzipping sudoku.zip onto an SD card (or similar) and just tell me if Sudoku gets started...

THANK YOU !!!

(Edit
Just came to my mind that the root directory should probably NOT be named "Sony Reader" - you got an idea how to rename it: please try!

Last edited by Clemenseken; 03-12-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No, only Reader has the ECMAScript-based engine which is used in Sudoku.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenseken View Post
Hi!
I'm planning to do an application that uses obelix's JavaScript (autorun.js) example for a game on SONY-PRS devices as starting point.
Beforehands I'd like to see if applications will be running on other platforms, too.

I'd be very thankful if a developer would test Gen3's compatibility by unzipping sudoku.zip onto an SD card (or similar) and just tell me if Sudoku gets started...
I didn't know it was possible to run applications on the Gen3 in this way. Can you explain how it's done?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I didn't know it was possible to run applications on the Gen3 in this way. Can you explain how it's done?
It's not. The Cybook doesn't support user-generated java, php, or other apps. Of course, that may change once people start hacking through it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote