Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Can I make changes to the firmware? K4NT

Hi

Is there any way to make any change to the firmware/software on a K4NT?

I want to get rid of the question to make a note or to begin highlighting.

By hitting the cursor button I want a similar function to the K3KB to get directly to the highlighting option.

I never use notes.

Any way to bypass the menu question?
oldbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
erm... I recall a hack in app(something).db using sqllite affecting this kind of "area"

I have absolutely no idea if the file even exists on a 4 (don't have one) let me go dig up what I am talking about...

Okay this is for a touch. perhaps first just dig around and see if ANYTHING useful is handled by appreg.db

there are a few threads https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=348 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28&postcount=3 that would appear to indicate that maybe this will work.

Quote:
Disabling "Share that you have read this book" after end of book
disable: /usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "update properties set value='hidden' where handlerid='com.lab126.EndActions' and name='viewModes'"
restore: /usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/local/appreg.db "update properties set value='windowed hidden' where handlerid='com.lab126.EndActions' and name='viewModes'"
More info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28#post2022528
so. that's the overall thoughts so far on that. Is it handled in a similar way? if not I can heartily recommend JBpatch. You could build that for the 4 without too much pain. Then you would have much greater power.

Well, without further research or a device I'm out of ideas. Good luck

Last edited by twobob; 11-20-2012 at 03:46 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixtab
On the K4 (NT), it's probably different, because the software is totally different. I don't have such a device though, so I'm unable to provide any further information.
^ this
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote