Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #991
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi,

I've setup FW 3.8.0 on my Glo... the device seems to be a litlle bit faster ?

Two bugs found :

1. shelves (create with calibre a long time ago) have disappeared !!! the only way I've found is to re send all my books with calibre 2.1.0 to my kobo... now shelves are ok.

2. the device doesn't display correct book cover in sleep and power off mode : the wallpaper is not the good one, it should be the cover of the book I'm reading and now all my books have the same cover, it's one of another book I've read (it's the cover of "shining" from S. King and so the wallpaper that appears is the face of Jack Torrance, terrible !!!!!!!).
I've verified a lot of books with calibre and all thoose books are ok with calibre. My file affiliate.ini has not changed and is like that :

[General]
affiliate=kobo

Any idea about this last bug ? perhaps the result of the bug n°1 ?

NB : I use night mode build 13 and it runs too with this FW.

Last edited by akorx; 08-29-2014 at 06:50 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #992
Klojum
Klojum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O
I just manually upgraded the firmware on my (first ever) e-reader, a simple Kobo Touch, from v3.3.0 to v3.8.0. The upgrade process went all okay. The Touch seems to repond now just a little quicker (perhaps the Sqlite database has been cleaned up?). All seems to work like before :-)

Last edited by Klojum; 08-29-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Simple addition
Klojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #993
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post

2. the device doesn't display correct book cover in sleep and power off mode

I've delete all my library and re injected all my books to my glo and now all is ok with this FW 3.8.0.

I don't know what happened, perhaps I've setup the 3.8.0 when my device was in sleep mode and not power off ?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #994
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I've delete all my library and re injected all my books to my glo and now all is ok with this FW 3.8.0.

I don't know what happened, perhaps I've setup the 3.8.0 when my device was in sleep mode and not power off ?
Check the date on the device. What was happening could be explained by the date being set back a few days. Or, like others have found, set back to 1970.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #995
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Also to add the type 3 (old Touch) and type 5 (Aura and Aura H2O) links:

Old Touch:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.8.0.zip

Aura/Aura H2O:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.8.0.zip

Regards,
David
umph....which one should i download to Aura HD?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #996
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
umph....which one should i download to Aura HD?
The one from the post directly before your linked one, i.e. post #967. The Glo/AuraHD use the same firmware.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #997
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the First Post with 3.7.0 and 3.8.0.

I'm calling the 3.7.0 release: The Catch Me If You Can release.

The 3.8.0 release is The Charge of the Light Brigade release.

There is a new release of the PC Desktop for 3.8.0.

I've moved the release from Jan 2014 to mid-May to the Second Post.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #998
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Mark of upgrade

Hi

Flashing is tricky so i want to be absolutely shure, preventing to transform my dear reader in a brick (tile). What's confusing me is the difference of adressing a peticular reader. i read aboute Aura, Aura HD, Aura H2o, New Aura, mark 4, mark 5 software.
I've an Aura N514. What "Mark" of software is it ?

Thanks
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #999
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@urbie,
use the one called Mark 5 new Aura
Old 08-31-2014, 01:35 AM   #1000
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've made some changes to the Installation Instructions for Direct Zip Files (third post).

I've split out item 5: Make sure that the Kobo Desktop is NOT running.

and added item 8: Safely remove the device from Windows (or your operating system of choice).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:51 AM   #1001
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
Flashing is tricky
It's not. It's the same thing that the official methods do (wifi, Desktop app): copy to the .kobo dir the new firmware, kernel, uboot and waveforms.

Just take a look to the wifi update script.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #1002
trinity1
Enthusiast
trinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Upgraded my Glo to 3.8.0 (coming from 3.5.0), sideload. All went good, but while reading a sideloaded epub (light on, 28%) the screen started flashing (mean the light turned off, on, off) and the Glo had a spontaneus reboot. Happened once, hope it won't do again!!
No other issues, so far.
trinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #1003
akorx
Addict

Hi guys,

I find that it's not esay to adjust the value of the brightness with progress bar on the Glo (I don't know how is it on the other devices) : example, you want 15% but you move between 13 and 17...

So is it possible to have in next FW 2 buttons "-" and "+" to adjust this setting by step of 1 ?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #1004
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So is it possible to have in next FW 2 buttons "-" and "+" to adjust this setting by step of 1 ?
Just FYI, this is one (of many) options you can enable in the Kobo Patcher if you're comfortable with this sort of thing.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #1005
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hi guys,

I find that it's not esay to adjust the value of the brightness with progress bar on the Glo (I don't know how is it on the other devices) : example, you want 15% but you move between 13 and 17...

As jackie_w said, there is a patch to change this. But, with 3.8.0, the swipe up and down the left edge of the screen gives better control of the light level. I suggest that you try this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote