Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
malmhdy
Enthusiast
malmhdy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
notepad for kindle touch

i want notepad for my kindle touch i can't by it from amazon , amazon saying that is not available in africa where i live
what can i do to get it
i really need it for writing notes
malmhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
If you want just write text notes see this unofficial KindleNote application
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128347
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Just tried it on Touch but it gives this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-13T21_05_43-0159.gif
Views:	498
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	83874
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Just tried it on Touch but it gives this error:
You need developer key installed, I recommend this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post

... just FYI: there's also an installer (KT only) for the merged keystore ...

PS: I haven't tested this application, so I'm not entirely sure that its key is in the combined keystore.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-13-2012 at 03:29 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post

I have this app on my Kindle 3 with the same merged developer keystore w/o any issue

Also used on Touch yifanlu's latest jailbreak which includes the same keystore
Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
thomass
Wizard

reinstalled keystore using Ixtab's installer. This time a different error:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-13T21_45_32-0159.gif
Views:	413
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	83887
Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
check /mnt/us/developer/KindleNote/work/crash.log (or so). It probably simply doesn't work on the KT for some reason.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
thomass
Wizard

crash.log:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[3/13/12 9:54 PM] "KindleNote" (v. 0.3)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.ui.KOptionPane$InputDialogListener
	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Native Method)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.KindletFactory.createInstance(jic:981)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.KindletFactory.newInstance(jic:1)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.KindletLifeCycleHandler$1.call(zmb:457)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:178)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1029)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:547)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Search this forum for WaffleTodo. This might suit your needs...
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
thomass
Wizard

I already have it. Actually I have Dragon's Notepad too

However it is always better to have alternatives
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
pumpkinpbk
pumpkinpbk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I already have it. Actually I have Dragon's Notepad too

However it is always better to have alternatives
ah....sorry 2 bother u but..
what exactly is the Dragon's Notepad???
pumpkinpbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpbk View Post
ah....sorry 2 bother u but..
what exactly is the Dragon's Notepad???
Notepad by 7 Dragons