Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
irukandji
irukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animalsirukandji is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle3
THE full screen reading

Hi, I have a question to ask, did someone already figured out if it is somehow possible to remove the Kindle margins to actually use full screen instead of "most of the screen"? The top bar hides but the lower % bar is equally useless when reading and if you are into comics, this is terrible. I have coverted the comic to 600x800 resolution and set it as screensaver and it was readable, then used it on reader and it was unreadable...

Did someone figured it out already or can someone point me to where to start, I am c/c++ developer for more then half of my life and i would change the code but i have absolutely no clue (got kindle yesterday) where to start, from the code perspective to how to actually bake the code and install it to kindle. Is there some telnet access to the shell available (busybox/whatever?)
irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Yes, you can both telnet and SSH into the Kindle with the USBNetwork hack. You can find it here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

In normal reading mode, you can remove the horizontal margins by changing the setting in /system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref file (enable view hidden files/folders on Windows), but not the bottom bar. For comics, you may consider using the picture viewer mode, which allows you to see images in full screen.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Is there any way to disable or remove the Kindle PDF process bar, like in Doukan? The problem is that most PDF has real page number at the bottom of the page and with the Kindle process bar, the page numbers appears twice and is, also, a waste of precious space. Any clue?

Last edited by thebestjeter; 08-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
Is there any way to disable or remove the Kindle PDF process bar, like in Doukan? The problem that most PDF has real page number at the bottom of the page and with the Kindle process bar, the page numbers appears twice and there, also, a waste of precious space. Any clue?
There's a progress bar hiding script in this thread it seems:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142848
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_irl View Post
There's a progress bar hiding script in this thread it seems:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142848
Thanks, it's really cool.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
mobad
Enthusiast
mobad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I mean my script will work but if you are reading comics then there is a better way.

Check out Canti http://www.bitcake.com/?page=project_canti
It can automatically convert/organize comics/manga perfectly for the Kindle and it will remove white space in between panels to make everything even bigger.
You can just give it a zipped series and it will automatically convert it to SeriesName_v##
It has a lot more features.

Change the settings to make it use .cbz instead of pdf and just copy the .cbz on and open it and hit F (you may need to hit it twice, well I always have to hit it twice) and it will full screen the page (only for the image viewer)
It's also not a bad idea to disable dithering by hitting the menu button as Canti already dithers the images to the Kindle's palette.
mobad is offline   Reply With Quote