Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #31
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Sorry to hear that...but there is a silver lining for all of us here...more good stuff from free, open-source developers, all for the public good...

btw...do you think you can do anything to improve the battery life of the Iliad? Just my personal standard-request...sorry....I just have to try...again and again...
Well, I know the PXA255 in the iLiad is capable of better power management than the current software is using (and also know the extra functionality can be added to it if necessary), but I have to do some extensive tests to see if those will actually work well with the rest of the iLiad hardware. Since iRex still hasn't said why it isn't possible in the current (and apparently also not in the 2nd 'new and improved') hardware design it has to be done with trail and error...

I am planning on doing just that in the future, but at the moment most of my time is spend on the software mentioned earlier in this thread...

Cheers,

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #32
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, just don't forget about it altogether...there might be more than one interested forum-member...

If I remember correctly, the Iliad can't do Sonystyle (haha) suspend mode because of the way the buttons are wired up or something like that.
It's supposed to be a hardware problem. It is possible that there is at least some room left for improvement even should that prove to be true...I'm looking forward to hearing what you find.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #33
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Well, just don't forget about it altogether...there might be more than one interested forum-member...
I know, I will not forget it, I don't want to turn of the damn thing every time I stop reading for a little while AND wait for ages to let it start up again, one has to change (or preferably both!).

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the Iliad can't do Sonystyle (haha) suspend mode because of the way the buttons are wired up or something like that.
It's supposed to be a hardware problem. It is possible that there is at least some room left for improvement even should that prove to be true...I'm looking forward to hearing what you find.
What I would like to investigate if it's possible to suspend to flash or CF... And also, I want to make sure it is actually a hardware problem and not incompetency of the software people (they really needed me there: )...

Aenea
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #34
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
All Hail the Goddess Aenea!

I can't imagine what the folks at iRex are thinking, but I suppose they have their reasons. I have some connections at Sun. Ever thought of working on Solaris?

Meanwhile, I can't wait to see what you come up with for a content lister! Something that can display more than 6 items per screen, please, but doesn't have teeny tiny folder expansion icons like FBReader. Surely there must be a happy medium in there somewhere....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
All Hail the Goddess Aenea!

Quote:
I can't imagine what the folks at iRex are thinking, but I suppose they have their reasons. I have some connections at Sun. Ever thought of working on Solaris?
But the big question is: does it run on the iLiad??

Quote:
Meanwhile, I can't wait to see what you come up with for a content lister! Something that can display more than 6 items per screen, please, but doesn't have teeny tiny folder expansion icons like FBReader. Surely there must be a happy medium in there somewhere....
Hehehe, please don't insult me, I *don't* work for iRex you know!

Ok, now I'm serious: I might have a few more pictures next week so you can see what I made of it....

Aenea
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #36
HET2
HET2 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I would like to help you develop a qtopia desktop for the iliad. Care to share your sources?
HET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #37
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Is there any progress on this or is it a dead project?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #38
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Is there any progress on this or is it a dead project?
It's going a bit slower than expected at first but it's still going...
Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #39
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thank you for the update...I was getting a bit worried...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #40
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Thank you for the update...I was getting a bit worried...
No need to worry, things take more time as usual and it's not the only project I'm working on (no, the others are not ebook related..) And hey, I need time to read as well you know

(I do admit though that that nasty mobi reader page number bug is irritating the hell out of me the past few days, so I expect my own working alternative pretty darn soon....)
Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So you'll be fixing the iliad's mobi reader to display proper page numbers?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #42
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So you'll be fixing the iliad's mobi reader to display proper page numbers?
Nope, am working on an alternative reader which doesn't use any of their existing code...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #43
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Thanks for staying with iLiad projects!

I hope you don't still have any legal troubles?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #44
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks for staying with iLiad projects!

I hope you don't still have any legal troubles?
yw. And no, don't have any legal troubles and really want to keep it that way! (hence, no new releases of decoders and stuff )

The only problem I'm having: way not enough time to do the things I want do... hmmz...

Cheers,

Aenea
Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #45
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Hello, Aenea

Any news about qt porting?
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote